Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. hofs1's Avatar
    Posts
    460 Posts
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
       #1  
    I just received my Asurion Replacement Pre...Just a phone , battery , back cover.

    Before activating the ##786# info shows warranty as 6/02/2010 and recond status as "no" and reconddate as --/--/----

    Did I really get a Brand New Pre or has Asurion found a way to really wipe the device and make it appear as new even if it were refurbed ??

    P.S. All life counters are at 00000 as well.

    just wondering that's all.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
  2. #2  
    Looks like you received a brand new, never before used Pre. Congratulations. As to the tinfoil hat questions, I think you worry too much.
  3. #3  
    I believe you did. Good luck with it!
  4. #4  
    What version of WebOS was installed on it? Just curious...
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    What version of WebOS was installed on it? Just curious...
    I'm kind of curious to know that as well. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  6. #6  
    We did as well. Our first from Sprint got water damage. The replacement they sent was a brand new one.
  7. #7  
    What version of WebOS i currently installed on it? and how is the build quality?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    I just received my Asurion Replacement Pre...Just a phone , battery , back cover.

    Before activating the ##786# info shows warranty as 6/02/2010 and recond status as "no" and reconddate as --/--/----

    Did I really get a Brand New Pre or has Asurion found a way to really wipe the device and make it appear as new even if it were refurbed ??

    P.S. All life counters are at 00000 as well.

    just wondering that's all.
    Just caught that Launch Day bit in your thread title.

    Are you sure about that date? 2010? If you had received a true Sprint launch day pre from June 06, 2009, the warranty date code would be 5-22-2009 (ask me how I know).

    Apparently they just sent you a new unit to replace your old unit.
  9. #9  
    They've been giving out brand new Pres for replacements for a while because of the remaining inventory that isn't going to be sold.

    Guess they figured it was a waste of money to refurbish malfunctioning phones when they have a stockpile of unsellable inventory.
  10. #10  
    My replacement came with 1.4.1.1 installed, however, about a day later, it asked to install 1.4.1.1 again.

    * Build quality was pretty good. Less wobble than my original one direct from Sprint.com.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Just caught that Launch Day bit in your thread title.

    Are you sure about that date? 2010? If you had received a true Sprint launch day pre from June 06, 2009, the warranty date code would be 5-22-2009 (ask me how I know).

    Apparently they just sent you a new unit to replace your old unit.
    Good catch... I didn't even notice that. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Just caught that Launch Day bit in your thread title.

    Are you sure about that date? 2010? If you had received a true Sprint launch day pre from June 06, 2009, the warranty date code would be 5-22-2009 (ask me how I know).

    Apparently they just sent you a new unit to replace your old unit.
    Well not just 5/22, my launch day phone is 6/01/2009. I think it goes up to about 6/02/2009 for launch day phones.
  13. hofs1's Avatar
    Posts
    460 Posts
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
       #13  
    Wow i guess i was too busy backing up stuff with save / restore and Pre Backup Utilty to even realize it says warranty date 6/2/2010 i read it as 2009 in my mind due to seeing non refurb info and seeing the assurion inside sticker. so if warranty date means build date then why is palm building sprint pres in june of 2010??

    sorry for jumping the gun on Launch Day comments....restoring a Pre aint like restoring a Palm OS Device too much to deal with i guess.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
  14. billfold's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    #14  
    I just got my first replacement, and it was a reconditioned phone. Build date is April of 2010, and it feels better than my first one did brand new. The keys seem to be "clickier".

Posting Permissions