1.    #1  
    I've set one up using just my Sprint Pre, received a number went through the steps of entering a number into my phone to set it up, and all seems to be working except.... My phone no longer rings for incoming calls???
    I just set mine up but didn't chose a new number I opted to use my current cell number and it works fine.
    Google voice doesnt have an effect on your other number. It pretty much directs calls to your number. You might have another problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayFonzerrelli View Post
    I've set one up using just my Sprint Pre, received a number went through the steps of entering a number into my phone to set it up, and all seems to be working except.... My phone no longer rings for incoming calls???
    What steps exactly did you go through? It sounds like you've forwarded phone calls from your Pre to the GV number.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Google voice doesnt have an effect on your other number. It pretty much directs calls to your number. You might have another problem.
    There is actually a procedure you can go through to forward unanswered calls to go to GV instead of your Sprint voice mail. It sounds like this is what he tried, but missed the mark.
  6.    #6  
    Yes I did indeed forward old number to google voice. Can you not do this without the phone having issues with ringing?
    Yes I did indeed forward old number to google voice. Can you not do this without the phone having issues with ringing?
    You're forwarding all the calls from your phone to Google Voice. The way cell technology works, your phone will never ring. That's not unique to the Pre, or to Google Voice, it's the way cell phones work.

What you really want is called "conditional call forwarding". This forwards calls that are not answered, but still rings through to your Pre first. Here's what you need to do, using 123-456-7890 as if it's your google voice number.

1. Cancel the call forwarding you've done. (not sure exactly how you did it, so I'll leave that to you).
    2. On your Pre, dial "*28" (no quotes) plus your Google Voice number - *281234567890

That's it. Calls will come to your Pre, but if you don't answer, they won't go to your regular Sprint voice mail, they'll go to GV.

To cancel the forwarding, dial *38
    Also, might want to check your bill, cause Sprint charges $0.20 when it forwards all calls.

Conditional call forwarding like hparsons describe is free, though!!!
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  9.    #9  
    hmm that's what I did to call forward was dial *28 then the number in the first place??? Now if I hit *38 and deactivate it, all calls will ring but my sprint number will of course go to sprint voice mail. Otherwise my phone won't ring when activated for call forwarding using *28
    hmm that's what I did to call forward was dial *28 then the number in the first place??? Now if I hit *38 and deactivate it, all calls will ring but my sprint number will of course go to sprint voice mail. Otherwise my phone won't ring when activated for call forwarding using *28
    I would call Sprint and ask them to set it up for you, making it very clear you want conditional call forwarding for both no answer and busy.

I couldn't get Youview to work properly through putting in the *28 number and had to call Sprint to get them to do it.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Since we still don't have the exact procedure you did, I want to be sure we're on the same page.

Assuming 123-456-7890 is your Google Voice number
    Assuming 987-654-3210 is your cell phone number

You put in #281234567890 then dial 987-654-3210, and it doesn't even ring at all??
  12.    #12  
    I activated google voice using my *28+gv number then hit call I got the confirmation tone and then it hangs up. After that when I try to use another phone to either dial my gv# or my Sprint # my Pre does not ring.
  13.    #13  
    ok, so I took GV off my Pre, carefully went through the steps to add it back to my Pre, but now phone rings fine, but now I do not get a tone when I receive a text, when texting to my Sprint number. I do get a notification tone when getting a text when using the GV#?
  14.    #14  
    scratch my last post, seems it's stopped ringing again. I give up on GV!
    do you have any rules setup?
  16.    #16  
    rules, as in?