Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314
Like Tree3Likes
    Well I had to retire me Pre+, it was calling too many people in the middle of the night while charging. I would put it on Airplane mode to stop it from calling and it would turn itself back on. It would delete apps, change settings, all sorts of crap. I had to turn if completely off to charge. It seemed that charging on the touchstone would make it hot and set off the "touching itself" Charging via just USB seemed better, but the anarchic activity happened too often even while not charging.

My wife decided to get a new phone, an HTC One X, so I got her old Pre+. Now I have a little phone envy because that One X is amazing, the LTE is faster than my Pre connected to Wifi. Only thing is, is that's its kind of huge, great for viewing stuff, but I don't know about carrying it around in my pocket. She likes that One X with its large screen so much, that she even stopped using her Touchpad except for reading. I haven't found anything about that One X that I don't like except for its size.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Convert -- sounds very similar to my situation. I've made the painful decision to retire my Pre+ in the next few weeks. It's doing all of the same things you described above. My challenge is similar: I've decided I will move into an Android phone, but, I insist on ICS or better and I don't want to change networks. That gives me the choice of the Galaxy Nexus or the HTC One X (both massive phones).

Even with it's Pentile screen, I think I'd prefer the One S or a phone more reasonably-sized for me (my Pre+ currently co-exists with my wallet pocket).
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I loved my Pre+ (and webOS), but it did the ghost/self-touchy thing for a near-intolerable four months. So I had to get a new phone. Got the (slightly bigger than Pre) 3.5-inch iPhone 4. Gorgeous display. Great camera. Couldn't stand iOS though. On the 14th day, I sent the iPhone back to Verizon. Got the much bigger (4.3-inch screen) dual-core processor Droid Bionic, running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). This was back in September of last year. I've been very happy with my choice, the Bionic. And, no, the 4.3-inch display has never seemed too big. Matter of fact, if/when I upgrade, I'm going even bigger, likely to 4.8 inches (think Galaxy S III), which seems ideal to me. Or maybe I'll go with something even bigger -- phablet-sized! -- like the 5.3-inch Samsung Galaxy Note.

Hope this helps some of you Pre-folk with your decision making.

Even though I'm happy with what I've got, not a day goes by that I don't miss the Pre and its groundbreaking webOS. I guess that's why I'm still subscribed to this forum and these threads, so that I can celebrate and commiserate with you guys.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Global Posts
    1 Global Posts
    I think there is something wrong with your screen,you need change it
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions, etc.. The deed is now done / have a brand-new OneX sitting on my desk and about to join the Android masses.

I know this will sound stupid to some (it is a piece of electronics after-all), but, all of you WebOS hardcordes out there (think mobile-religion), you'll understand this:

-Seeing my Pre+ die like this was like watching a loved one with a degenerative disease (of course: at a fraction of the emotion & real-world impact) -- you remember all the great times you had & you remember how it it used to work -- but, you know those days are over: permanently. It got to the point where I had to 'move-in' to my work Blackberry (relegating my Pre+ to the duty of a stubborn, non-trusted dumbphone).

RIP my Pre+. You earned your spot in retirement with my last two Palm devices.

P.S. Yes, I realize my attach'ed-ness to WebOS was/is borderline crazy. Humour a WebOS zealout & please keep the flames to a bare minimum.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Evidently I'm just as crazy as you are, because I relate wholeheartedly to your loss. Not exactly like losing a loved one, but a lot bigger feeling than one would think possible for a piece of plastic and electronics. Good luck with your HTC One X. If there's any truth to what I've been reading about the X, you should be very happy. To yet another well-loved Pre+, RIP.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    P.S. This is how crazy I was: after I early-terminated my Pre+, either Verizon or Palm offered me a $100 for me to return it to them. But I elected to keep my ghost-ridden Pre so that I would never forget my first treasured smartphone experience.

Cmahy, if you're crazy then so am I. Still on my original Sprint Palm Pre and I intend to keep using it until either it dies or I do.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Glad to see I'm not alone in my crazy WebOS obsession. Enjoy your Pre's - hope they last a while!
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314