View Poll Results: does your phone ALWAYS ring/alert you?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

28 31.82%
  • no

60 68.18%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i'm trying to see if there's something wrong with my phone or if it's a common problem - i couldn't find anything from searching.

i feel like it's basically 50/50 for me. sometimes my phone will ring when i get a text/email/whatever else and sometimes i get nothing, only to find out i missed it when i open the phone. anyone else having this issue?

and i don't know if it matters, but i do have the LED notification patch, and when it rings/alerts it flashes, and when it doesn't it doesn't flash.
    Mine has failed to ring a few times but I always thought it might have something to do with a weak signal.
  3. beh
    Global Posts
    1,413 Global Posts
    I get email etc. notices all the time but phone calls don't always ring.
    If you are keeping the chat closed you will get notifications evrytime. However there if the sms app is open it depends. Go through Hardbeatz, http://forums.precentral.net/members/hardbeatz.html , posts and there is one very good one that explains what is supposed to happen.
    Better question - do you get your messages 100% of the time? NOOOOOOO. Text messages are such a bust on the Pre/Sprint.

But back on topic, I do actually get rings for the messages I do get. However, I do have problems with the alarm app, which is hit or miss.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Better question - do you get your messages 100% of the time? NOOOOOOO. Text messages are such a bust on the Pre/Sprint.

But back on topic, I do actually get rings for the messages I do get. However, I do have problems with the alarm app, which is hit or miss.
    My o2 UK Pre has been the best phone I have ever used for texts and calls, I have not had go missing so far.

Yes the alarm clock is really bad, don't see what triggers it to not sound. I recommend getting timepiece, it is a really great app and has not come close to failing me.
    Mine always rings
    nope
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    My o2 UK Pre has been the best phone I have ever used for texts and calls, I have not had go missing so far.

Yes the alarm clock is really bad, don't see what triggers it to not sound. I recommend getting timepiece, it is a really great app and has not come close to failing me.
    Thanks for the rec, I purchased timepiece and I love this app. I was just going to use it for the alams, but I actually ended up liking using the clock it comes with as a nightstand clock when it's on the touchstone.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    mine rings all the time.
    I thought I had read this here but I dont see it now. Somewhere somebody mentioned SMS Tone Per Contact v2 was the culprit for no tones. So I uninstalled it and I get tones all the time now, even when viewing the chat a message is received in (normally would get no tone with the patch installed).
    Last edited by NachoB; 06/24/2010 at 04:47 AM.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    ^
    Interesting, that sounds about right in my situation too, no tones while app is open.
    I will uninstall and see if that helps.. .

Edit*
    Self test worked perfect.
    Last edited by Freshyz; 06/24/2010 at 04:51 AM.
    Let us know if removing that patch fixes it for you too.
    for phone calls. It's hit or miss and I haven't figured it out yet.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    No issues here... and for the record, never installed the SMS tones per contact patch.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I have new card per convo patch and if I have a convo open I will not get message tones from the person in tha convo. But new convo messages I do get message tone for.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    my sprint pre, the text sounds are hit and miss. My phone calls always ring, but like someone said earlier with sprint sometimes the text messages don't go through and same with the phone calls. I'll get a voicemail alert with no received call.
    Mine will miss the initial ring sometimes but the reminder notification and LED will always catch it
    Mine's wonky... Most of the time it does work but 15% of the time it won't. It's frustrating having to check my messeges constatntly just to make sure I recieved txt back. Sometimes a phone call will not emit any sound either, it'll just vibrate like if it was silent (even though it's not) but that's very rare. I don't have any sms or phone dialer patches or apps ... So it kind of irks me....
    Compared to previous cell phones that I have owned (Motorola, LG and BB) my Pre is on par with them. Being that it is a CELL PHONE, it relies on cell towers to receive incoming calls and if by some chance you are in a dead zone your phone will not ring, just a fact of life with cell phones.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast