1.    #1  
    I always update the PRL whenever I see someone posts that a new one is out. So several days ago someone posted that 60666 was available, I immediately updated to it.

This evening, with my Pre sitting beside me I notice the screen come on (which usually happens when getting a text message or email notification, etc.). When I picked up the phone instead of one of these expect notifications there was a black notification that took up half the screen that says "PRL Updating" and had a "Cancel" button.

I let it finish (well, at least until the notification went away) -- about a minute or so, then went to check what PRL I was on. It was still 60666.

I don't get it. First of all, I had never seen an automagic PRL update like this. Second, since I was already at 60666 why did it even try to do the update.

Anyone else ever seen this?
    Happened to me too. I also manually updated a couple days back too.
    can't be magic, steve jobs has the patent on magic.

also, I haven't had that before.
    yeah i was about to make a thread about this very thing. i managed to get a screenshot before it disappeared.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I have never seen this screen come up and I have never updated the PRL manually. I am at 60666. What is the point of manually updating the Preferred Roaming List? I have my phone Set to "Sprint Only", so I don't have to bother with the 300Mb Roaming Limit.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I always update the PRL whenever I see someone posts that a new one is out. So several days ago someone posted that 60666 was available, I immediately updated to it.

This evening, with my Pre sitting beside me I notice the screen come on (which usually happens when getting a text message or email notification, etc.). When I picked up the phone instead of one of these expect notifications there was a black notification that took up half the screen that says "PRL Updating" and had a "Cancel" button.

I let it finish (well, at least until the notification went away) -- about a minute or so, then went to check what PRL I was on. It was still 60666.

I don't get it. First of all, I had never seen an automagic PRL update like this. Second, since I was already at 60666 why did it even try to do the update.

Anyone else ever seen this?
    I had this happened to me a few times. Now i do it manually every few weeks and i haven't seen it since then. It is annoying otherwise.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    yep last time that happened to me I made a thread about it. Updating itself... webOs is Skynet.