Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is anybody having an issue with the above mentioned app? It complains that it is not able to load feeds from google reader. Also, it keeps re-authenticating every time i start the app which usually doesn't happen since I remain logged in most of the time. This issue started this afternoon. I reinstalled the app and still the issue is there.

Thanks
    Yes, I'm having the same issue with the paid version. They'll probably have it fixed by morning.
    They said on the twitter they're working on it. Generally, it's always a good idea to check an app to see the dev's support options.

But man, Google reader must change a lot for the feeds apps to break all the time. Fortunately Scoop is still working, I'm surprised though, it tends to conk out every once in a while, too.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    This is the answer I got from emailing them that my paid Feeds is not working
    Looks like Google Reader's API is down or has been modified. It is too early to know. Their authentication though is up, since it is the shared authentication for all of Google. I'll research this today.
    --
    Dennis Wilkins
    Delicious Morsel LLC
    Mobile Apps :: Delicious Morsel
    I told them that my other app, Scoop, is accessing the feeds just fine...
  5.    #5  
    thanks all for the info. I sent an email and no response. They could have sent me the same reply as they sent to the paid version. I guess lousy service for a free app.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    This is the answer I got from emailing them that my paid Feeds is not working

I told them that my other app, Scoop, is accessing the feeds just fine...
    Hello. Can you share your experience about the two apps: Feeds Free and Scoop? I check news all the time via google reader and Feeds Free does a good job for me. However, don't know how good scoop is. Is it better? The best thing about feeds free is that i can manage all the rss feeds on the computer via google reader. Much easier than either typing or copying and pasting the rss url on the phone. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    thanks all for the info. I sent an email and no response. They could have sent me the same reply as they sent to the paid version. I guess lousy service for a free app.
    I sent an email and I have the paid version. They could have sent me a canned message saying they are working on it, but I didn't get anything.
    Having the same issues. Thank god, I found this thread, I nearly uninstalled the custom kernel I installed yesterday, because I feared it was causing the problem somehow...
    Same issue here. Would like to use scoop, but I don't have access to paid apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    Hello. Can you share your experience about the two apps: Feeds Free and Scoop? I check news all the time via google reader and Feeds Free does a good job for me. However, don't know how good scoop is. Is it better? The best thing about feeds free is that i can manage all the rss feeds on the computer via google reader. Much easier than either typing or copying and pasting the rss url on the phone. Thanks.
    I have both, Visually Scoop is better, but functionally I find myself using Feeds Free. For some reason Scoop wont allow me to view feeds by folder AND feed. Only Folder, and then all the feeds are arranged by newest post.
    Maybe there is something i'm missing.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    probably just needs to be updated because of this

Authentication errorrs with third-party clients - Google Reader Help
    Did Google change something to cause this error or did the Feeds Dev?
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Google did (change they way third party clients have to authenticate) but feeds have to solve it. I have the same issue with RSS Bandit in Windows.
  14.    #14  
    It is amazing that even after 2+ days the developers have not provided an update. Palm should be a mediator in such issues. They can't completely rely on developers to always act in a timely and a end user caring manner. They should have strict guidelines and regulations so that such outage issues are resolved promptly. It is sad that such info was known well in advance and yet these developers didn't make use of it. Just because an app is free it doesn't mean they can get away with anything. They are making money thru ads.
    Having same issue. Glad I found this thread so I know it's not just me ....
    Having EXACTLY the same issue here. Getting tired of google changing things around all the time. But HEY, it could be worse?
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelp68 View Post
    Having same issue. Glad I found this thread so I know it's not just me ....
    Ditto.

I've found myself using the mobile web version of Google Reader. It's really not half bad.
    I am really NOT wanting to use a WEB Version of ANYTHING, if at all possible.......just me being difficult I guess......I WANT APPS!!!!1
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I installed the update, and it is still not working. Is it working for anyone?
    Still not working for me. It logs me in now, and I can see my feed categories, but no articles appear.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast