Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Don't know what's going on, but I can connect my Macbook to the internet using my Verizon Mobile Hotspot, but whenever I try to do so using my iPod Touch 2g, I get an "unable to join network" message. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone suggest a solution? The iPod sees the Pre hotspot, but will not connect.

JD
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I was having the same problems and I posted a similar thread a few days ago and was referred to a page by someone...

Pre Plus Mobile Hotspot laptop connection issues - Palm Support Community

Go to that link and on the second page, next to last post... that guy posted a step by step fix from Palm... Hope it works for you!
    it got mine up and running perfectly!!
    “We are stronger than we think we are. We have courage that we do not recognize until we need it. We are equal to challenges that we haven't even imagined yet.”
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info mhill0823. It turns out that when I first got my pre I set up the mhs feature and tested it with my iPod. Everything worked fine. Then a few days ago I was fooling around with the Pre and my Macbook and I changed the MHS's password (but not the MHS's name). When I tried to use the ipod today with the Pre, the iPod saw the name, but I guess it was entering the wrong password (and the ipod didn't prompt me to reenter the password, it just didn't connect) So today, just before I read your post, I renamed the MHS. When the iPod saw this "new" hotspot, it asked for the password, which I entered and all went well. It connected.

But I did bookmark the Palm Support page for future reference because some of the people who posted there had MHSs that worked well for a time and then suddenly didn't.

Thanks again for your help.

JD
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    anytime! Glad you got it figured out! I remember how stressed I kept getting when I couldn't figure mine out!!
    “We are stronger than we think we are. We have courage that we do not recognize until we need it. We are equal to challenges that we haven't even imagined yet.”