1.    #1  
    I have always had issues with spam on AIM which I had solved by setting my privacy settings in the AIM console. Now it seems that the Pre shows me as constantly online to all AIM users, including those I have blocked in the console on my OSX., and I am getting an almost constant stream of spam on my Pre. How can I control privacy in the Pre Messaging app, and why does it not respect my existing privacy settings for AIM?
    Quote Originally Posted by The16thTry View Post
    I have always had issues with spam on AIM which I had solved by setting my privacy settings in the AIM console. Now it seems that the Pre shows me as constantly online to all AIM users, including those I have blocked in the console on my OSX., and I am getting an almost constant stream of spam on my Pre. How can I control privacy in the Pre Messaging app, and why does it not respect my existing privacy settings for AIM?
    THATS WHAT IM SAYING TOO!
    The worse part is that you cant even block them via Pre. Bad enough i cant change my buddy icon. Instant messaging on the Pre is straight crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    THATS WHAT IM SAYING TOO!
    The worse part is that you cant even block them via Pre. Bad enough i cant change my buddy icon. Instant messaging on the Pre is straight crap.
    I don't know about straight crap, but it isn't absolutely feature packed as a full fledged desktop program...

Isn't there a way to block the users from AOL's side of the server instead of using the client?

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I don't know about straight crap, but it isn't absolutely feature packed as a full fledged desktop program...

Isn't there a way to block the users from AOL's side of the server instead of using the client?
    I did block them on my desktop, but when i log in the Pre, the phone pretty much ignores that and shows that im online to every single solitary person on my buddy list. It also wipes out my buddy icon and my status message. Then i have to set up a new one, but i cant change the buddy icon. But Palm has a lot of important things to do, right. They will never address this issue. You have to make a phone that you can market to everyone. Not a whole bunch of women. Think about everyone. Think about retartded stacy, Jack the plumber, Jake the construction worker, Sandy the hair stylist and Jacob the life guard. They need solid, well built hardware and they really need to pay more attention to instant messaging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    They will never address this issue.
    Never say never..

Aren't you a little hostile today?

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.