Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    This is a guide for setting up Google sync on your webOS cellular device using exchange! It's a comprehensive guide to Google services and Synergy on your Palm webOS device!

    What You Need:
    - A Gmail Account

    Steps

    1. Open the email app
    2. Goto prefs & accounts
    3. Select Add An Account
    4. Select Manual Setup from the app menu
    5. Enter these settings:

    Mail Type: Exchange
    Email Address: you@gmail.com
    Server Name: https://m.google.com
    Domain: (leave blank)
    Username: enter your complete gmail address (you@gmail.com)
    Password: Enter your gmail password


    6. Tap Sign In

    Contacts and calendar will automatically be synced

    Note: It may take a while for sync to start but to start it immediately:

    1. Launch contacts app
    2. Goto prefs & accounts
    3. Select sync now

    Your Done!

    An advantage of this is when you delete emails they are marked as archived and does not give it a delete label!

    Thats just one of many advantages...

    If you want to use Google Talk, simply sign in with it in the Messaging app but, you will have to go through the contacts, email and calendar apps and remove the Google account (not the Gmail exchange account).

    Also, you may want to set the default account in contacts and calendar to exchange (sometimes Palm Profile stays as the default).

    On a side note, adding a YouTube account WILL NOT re add the Google accounts.

    Let me know if you have any questions
    Why wait for "official" updates, when you can roll your own
  2. #2  
    setting gmail the nomal method mail.gmail.com works just as well.

    all you need to do is change the Trash folder to ALL MAIL

    (this will not delete your mails, but archive it)

    same concept, and easier more friendly
  3. #3  
    Is there anyway to setup a gmail account to where if I mark an email read on say my account or my iPad it gets marked as read on my pre?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    Is there anyway to setup a gmail account to where if I mark an email read on say my account or my iPad it gets marked as read on my pre?
    A standard GMail account shoud work this way. However, you won't see it marked as "read" until after it syncs.
  5. #5  
    I use gmail. My phone recently reset itself and reinstalled contacts from my palm profile account. I lost some contact info which was apparently in gmail but not in palm profile. Will this method get all my gmail contacts to palm profile? If not how can I do that? I only have one gmail account and no twitter, facebook or other such accounts. I don't care whether data is in palm profile or google as long as zI can use it and don't lose it.
    Laissez Faire
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    setting gmail the nomal method mail.gmail.com works just as well.

    all you need to do is change the Trash folder to ALL MAIL

    (this will not delete your mails, but archive it)

    same concept, and easier more friendly

    I feel like an ***** for having never realized I could do this. I was upset about how my swiping emails sent it to the trash instead of archive, hahaha. +1 for you. I'd really like to be able to swipe to "read" though
    Samsung A850< Sanyo Katana< Palm Centro< Samsung Instinct< Palm Pre

    <-Daft Punk in the Avatar!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    I use gmail. My phone recently reset itself and reinstalled contacts from my palm profile account. I lost some contact info which was apparently in gmail but not in palm profile. Will this method get all my gmail contacts to palm profile? If not how can I do that? I only have one gmail account and no twitter, facebook or other such accounts. I don't care whether data is in palm profile or google as long as zI can use it and don't lose it.
    If you use patches you can export your contacts from palm profile, then import to gmail. There is also a trick in the forums (was also posted in an article on the main page) using the phone app to export contacts to CSV (you can then import to gmail). I would suggest using gmail if you don't want to lose your contacts, with gmail you can always export to a desktop to have a backup copy if gmail's cloud were to ever go down.
  8. #8  
    When I "sync now" what am I syncing with what?
    Laissez Faire
  9. #9  
    dpends, you can have multiple input sources......
    so your sync now syncs with the inputed data from them (facebook, twitter, gmail, eas) since palm profile can only sync from the phone only thing you could really be doing is sending info to your palm profile. I know this may not make great sense, but add an FB friend and then sync now would add them to your contact profile.

    this may also force 2 way sync to your 3rd party cloud of choice if you have it set as default. I haven't tested this much with my gmail yet since most of my original info is in my palm profile, have been syncing with gmail since. Havemt exported my original profile yet (since it's all still on my centro and palm desktop if I need to restore that data)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions