Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    is there a patch for this?
    “We are stronger than we think we are. We have courage that we do not recognize until we need it. We are equal to challenges that we haven't even imagined yet.”
    Quote Originally Posted by mhill0823 View Post
    is there a patch for this?
    Yes! It's in preware. Just type in keyboard in available patches. :-)
    There is the "My Home Keyboard" in the apps cat. and the "Virtual Keyboard" in Preware.

Neither are very good. (At least for me)
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help!!!
    “We are stronger than we think we are. We have courage that we do not recognize until we need it. We are equal to challenges that we haven't even imagined yet.”
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    what exactly is a luna restart?
    A restart in order to process application(s) or patches on your device.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Just think of Luna as the thing running the WebOS interface. Takes about a minute on my phone.

On some patches you may need a Java restart. Java, among other things, handles all the radios. Your interface wont restart but will become very slow for a minute or two. It's finished restarting when your 3G signal returns. At which point apps like email and IM will cause a slight slow down as they check into the servers.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    I haven't tried my home keyboard, but I have tried virtual keyboard.

I've found that unless you overclock, virtual keyboard is pretty useless (slow), but if you do overclock, it comes in pretty handy when you don't want to open the keyboard for typing short blurbs (login info, etc).

The way you call it up is pretty easy too; you simply double tap on the gesture area to bring it up (only works when a field is waiting for keyboard input), and a single tap on the gesture area to dismiss it. If you're careful about dismissing it as soon as you're done inputting text, it is a joy to use.

However, there is a pretty major bug in virtual keyboard; if you use it in a webpage field, the backspace key doesn't work. So, type carefully in a webpage field!

Hope this helps
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Thanks for all of your Help!
    I Must seem like the biggest ***** when it comes to this phone but I'm slowly learning!
    It comes from having a blackberry for 3 years. I'm not used to the Pre literally being a computer!
    Thanks again though!
    Don't mean to hijack this thread, but...I cannot uninstall the Virtual Keyboard. It keeps failing when I try etc.

Any suggestions?

Update: Nevermind! Of course, as soon as I posted this, the thing worked and uninstalled it! Sorry....

(The only difference I can detect was that I just got home and put the Pre on the Touchstone and tried the uninstall again. Maybe that made a difference?...Don't know....)
    Last edited by Pre in MN; 06/22/2010 at 10:04 PM.