1.    #1  
    I have a conversation almost 3500 texts long that I would love to save to my computer and if possible even be able to put it on my new device after I exchange it (charging issues and broken power key). Is this possible? I know the database file has been suggested but seems to be frowned upon / more trouble than it's worth. Let me know if anybody knows of a way to do this!
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I've had success extracting the db3 database and adding it on a new Pre, but like you said, many frown on the practice. The Pre backup utility will restore all texts, e-mail and phone logs. It works quite well, you'll just have to move the file it creates to your computer via USB...
  3.    #3  
    wait explain the pre backup utility... im kinda new but i have the save/restore if that's what you're talking about
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goodwing96 View Post
    wait explain the pre backup utility... im kinda new but i have the save/restore if that's what you're talking about
    Different than Save/Restore altogether, though they work well as a combined backup solution. It's available through Preware, and is an application that will back-up a lot of what's on your Pre, including Pics, videos, tasks, memos, and a host of other things like your texts and phone logs. Give it a look....
  5.    #5  
    mmmk did this, what program do i use to open the file and manipulate it? it's a .tar.gz file...
  6.    #6  
    scratch that, used winrar and got it
  7.    #7  
    sorry for all the questions... got it all extracted but can't find the messaging backup... help?