Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    When I have multiple phone calls at once, is there any way to hang up only one call? The button to hang up says "End all calls"
    You must be on Sprint... I believe the anser is "no, it's a limitation of the network".
  3.    #3  
    No, I am on Verizon. I cannot see why that would be a limitation of the network, as it would seem to be more of an OS option.
    Maybe I got that wrong... it may be a CDMA network limitation.

I don't think any CDMA phone can do it.
    CDMA phone's don't have the capabilities to end a single call. It's end all or none.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Thank you for the clarification.
    I am on sprint and i can end just one call ? maybe depends were you are?
    I bet you can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    CDMA phone's don't have the capabilities to end a single call. It's end all or none.
    So I'm a bit confused what happens when you switch to a second call and subsequently the first person hangs up. The phone still shows 2 active calls as long as you haven't tapped the "Hang up all" button - what happens to the first call after the other person hangs up?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    I bet you can't.
    x2 it's a CDMA limitation.....

unless of course you are using something that uses data to process voice calls..... not sure if there is anything out there currently working for that right now on current versions of web os
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    x2 it's a CDMA limitation.....

unless of course you are using something that uses data to process voice calls..... not sure if there is anything out there currently working for that right now on current versions of web os
    -3 ?

You can do it just fine. You have to use the "Flash" function which is tagged "Add Call" on our Pres (was called Flash on Treos) When in a conference call, you can "Flash the other person to a new dial tone, and then flash again to the original call and the other goes bye-bye. Problem is the Phone app never changes it's state, but you can Add and Conference additional calls after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProParkour View Post
    When I have multiple phone calls at once, is there any way to hang up only one call? The button to hang up says "End all calls"
    Op, you may want to look at this...

Ugh. I need one more post before I can even link to another thread on this forum. Check out the next comment
    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneFW View Post
    Op, you may want to look at this...

Ugh. I need one more post before I can even link to another thread on this forum. Check out the next comment
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2496626
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    -3 ?

You can do it just fine. You have to use the "Flash" function which is tagged "Add Call" on our Pres (was called Flash on Treos) When in a conference call, you can "Flash the other person to a new dial tone, and then flash again to the original call and the other goes bye-bye. Problem is the Phone app never changes it's state, but you can Add and Conference additional calls after that.
    uhmmm did you read the OPs post? It wasn't how to add acall, but how to end a single cal once on 2 calls conference or otherwise.

ohh yeah and just trying to test it in any state I could with the add a call button..... I got no open lines error multiple times.
    I read, but havent tried yet, that if as long as 1 party is still waiting on the line .. when you "end all calls" the phone will ring back to the line still wtg
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    When I have conferenced or 3 way calling I can end just one call if I want to.

I believe that people saying NO & it's a limitation of the network, don't understand the phones. Because if you can do it on one network obviously you can do it on another as it is a phone capability. The only way you would not be able to do it is if the provider disabled the function within WebOS.

EDIT: Here are the call commands to "resplit" the call so only the person who is leaving actually hangs up.

Last edited by demetry14; 06/23/2010 at 12:46 AM.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    I hate that you have to end both drives me crazy
    Please view my post above geary2 as I believe he posted his comment while i was adding the image on an EDIT.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Ummm, that says "extract", not hang up.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    Ummm, that says "extract", not hang up.
    When you extract the call you can hang up the call... OR if you extract the calls so a 3-way call is now 2 individual calls the person who hangs up will have there call ended. I use this so I can keep talking to the person I want to while the other hangs up or I hang up on them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast