Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    But if you look at what you posted, it says nothing about hanging up one of the calls... just hang up all or ask one of the callers to hang up.
    If I'm understanding this correctly, extract = hang up ?

But I read it again and it seems like extract just means one of the callers on a conference call can't hear what is being said. A targeted, in-call mute button.
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    I read, but havent tried yet, that if as long as 1 party is still waiting on the line .. when you "end all calls" the phone will ring back to the line still wtg
    Yup. I posted a link to this info in post # 13 of this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneFW View Post
    Yup. I posted a link to this info in post # 13 of this thread

This does work, happens with voicemail all the time, thing is it's not full proof.

The phone and/or the network doesn't have the ability for the user to hang up an individual call. There are 2 sets of instructions now in this post, neither tell the Pre user how to hang up on a single call.

So say for example, I have my wife conferenced in so she can listen to a voicemail or some other kind of service where I can't have that line or service hang up their line if i wanted to keep talking to my wife I would have to use the end all calls function and have it ring back......
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 06/23/2010 at 10:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by molodyman View Post
    If I'm understanding this correctly, extract = hang up ?

But I read it again and it seems like extract just means one of the callers on a conference call can't hear what is being said. A targeted, in-call mute button.
    Extract puts one of the calls back to on hold, basically splitting your conference call. I played with this last night.
    Maybe I am the only one who has noticed this, but I was on a call with my wife another call came in and I picked it up. I finished that call and accidentally hit "end all calls" right after my phone rang and it was my wife. The call with her never ended and the network reconnected us. she never even knew I hung up on her. For the record my Pre is on Sprint her Pre is on Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by beantastic View Post
    Maybe I am the only one who has noticed this, but I was on a call with my wife another call came in and I picked it up. I finished that call and accidentally hit "end all calls" right after my phone rang and it was my wife. The call with her never ended and the network reconnected us. she never even knew I hung up on her. For the record my Pre is on Sprint her Pre is on Verizon.
    That's been mentioned a couple times in this thread, also what I was referring to when I said it happens all the time with voicemail (say you call someone get their vm and they call you back before you end leaving the voicemail). The reason why I say this isn't full proof, is because I have dropped both callers doing that on accident back on my centro. Don't think I have done it much (or at all) on my Pre, but I don't talk much on my phone and usually don't pick up the second line unless I tell the person on the first line I will call them back.
    If you extract the caller who you want to hang up on then you can extract that caller and hang up on them. I am so glad I got all that feedback when no one tried it. If you try it and not just give criticism first you will see what I am talking about. It will work for you every time you want to hang up on someone.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    If you extract the caller who you want to hang up on then you can extract that caller and hang up on them. I am so glad I got all that feedback when no one tried it. If you try it and not just give criticism first you will see what I am talking about. It will work for you every time you want to hang up on someone.
    As I said in a couple posts here.... I did that LAST NIGHT. Also the instructions specifically state the caller hangs up. There is nowhere in those instructions that state you have the option to hang up on a single line....

From your instructions....
    Attachment 48334

Please let us know HOW you are hanging up on the person. Your instructions don't say anything about hanging up on the person, you have said you do it, but have not sad what you push or how you do it. So since you said no one has tried your instructions, please clarify for the rest of us where that option is to hang up a single phone line.
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 09/14/2011 at 11:03 AM.
    I am sorry no one can see the logic in splitting the call to then hang up. I am done explaining it as it is written so plainly and a little user know how can get you the rest of the way.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    I am sorry no one can see the logic in splitting the call to then hang up. I am done explaining it as it is written so plainly and a little user know how can get you the rest of the way.
    Dude, it is NOT logic. There is not an option to hang up the call.

As it is "written" it says the caller has to hang up, OR you press "End All Calls." There is absolutely nothing to explain. If there is actually a way to hang it up you would be able to simply say it. I fully understand how to split the calls, I HAVE done it.... there is NO option to hang up a single line.
    As I understand it...either CDMA or POTS:

Call Waiting:

- Once the second call is picked up, first call is put on hold.
    - You can switch between the 2 callers as often as you like, but you cannot conference the 2 callers.
    - To disconnect the caller you are presently talking to without disconnecting the other, hang up your phone. Your phone will then ring with the "on hold" caller. Answer it and the call continues.

3-Way:

- Once the second call is initiated (answered), you can conference the two calls, or hang up to disconnect the second call. If you hang up, the phone will ring with the original caller. Answer it to continue speaking with them.

- During a 3-way conference, if either caller hangs up, you can then add another call or accept a call waiting call as normal.

- During a 3-way conference, you can disconnect the SECOND party by hitting the flash button/key if you have one, or you can end the entire call by hanging up. To get rid of the initial party, it requires that the entire call be terminated by hanging up your phone, or that the initial party hangs up on their own. In either case, you can add another call or and accept a call waiting call.

Some GSM systems have additional features, such as adding more than 2 parties to a conference call, accepting call waiting calls while on a conference call, etc. CDMA typically do not.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12