1.    #1  
    Hi everyone

I noticed that while answering calls with my bluetooth headset (jawbone prime), there appears to be a slight 1-2 second delay before the person on the line will be able to hear me. As a result, I find myself usually saying hello more than once before the individual on the other line is able to hear me. Am I the only one with this issue?

Thanks,
    Andy
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akular1 View Post
    Hi everyone

I noticed that while answering calls with my bluetooth headset (jawbone prime), there appears to be a slight 1-2 second delay before the person on the line will be able to hear me. As a result, I find myself usually saying hello more than once before the individual on the other line is able to hear me. Am I the only one with this issue?

Thanks,
    Andy
    I use a BlueAnt V1 but haven't had any issues such as you describe.
    So it's best to diagnose down further

1. Does the delay happen without using a bluetooth headset?
    2. Does the delay happen when using a wired headset?
    3. Does the delay occur when using a different bluetooth headset (same model)?
    4. Does the delay occur when using a different bluetooth headset (different model)?

The more questions you can answer the easier it is to begin diagnosing that particular area.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I also have a Jawbone Prime and it worked great with my other phone but with the pre has about a 2 sec delay also it will some times disconnect and the connect right back up i called jawbone its a compatibility issue with the jawbone prime and the pre
    i have a plantronics voyager and experience the same issue. the voyager is the only bluetooth i've used with my pre, and there is a 2 second delay when i answer calls. it's as if the pre has trouble connecting. calls do randomly switch over to the phone for no apparent reason, but i can always push the call button on my voyager to switch it right back. it's just inconvenient, as it takes me awhile to realize that i'm no longer connected to my bluetooth, if i'm in the middle of saying something lengthy.

this is my 2nd voyager (accidentally broke my first). had the same issue with the first. i'm hoping it's not a compatibility issus, as the voyager is the only bluetooth i've ever been able to use in a car or outside (often windy where i am). love both my pre and my voyager, but the delay and call switching can be frustrating.
    Treo 700p - Centro - Treo 800w - Treo Pro - Palm Pre
  6.    #6  
    I have only used the jawbone, and have never tried another headset. I have had all versions of the jawbone starting with the original cheese grader!

Maybe I should consider the blueant .. it gets quite annoying at times

Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by akular1 View Post
    Hi everyone

Thanks,
    Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I also have a Jawbone Prime and it worked great with my other phone but with the pre has about a 2 sec delay also it will some times disconnect and the connect right back up i called jawbone its a compatibility issue with the jawbone prime and the pre
    I have the Jawbone Icon. I'd say that yes, I also notice a second or two delay before the person on the other end of the line can hear me. I also noticed it with the Motorola H790 and H500. Wasn't going to mention it as I personally consider it a fairly minor issue.

I have also noticed a delay with A2DP when receiving turn by turn Sprint Nav directions. The first couple of words will be lost on occasion.
    my plantronics does the same thing.. after pressing the button to answer a call, it takes two or three hellos before the other party heres me... when i make a call it is perfect
    I don't see this as a bluetooth headset issue since I notice the same thing when I'm not using a headset (I use an old Moto H500). After pressing the button to answer the call it takes a couple seconds for the screen to show connected and for the call timer to start. How much different is it for you?

It's likely that many folks have just made it a habit to answer the call then wait a sec to start talking.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    same happens on my car bluetooth. I'd say the delay is more like 3 or 4 seconds. I can say hello many times before it connects. I guess its the time it takes to boot up the phone app. Not one of the pres finest features but you can live with it.