Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My phone randomly shuts itself off and I've checked the battery and it's pretty snug in there so I doubt that's the problem... It's getting annoying really
    I never get random shutoffs anymore in the form of Luna Restarts or even finding my Pre off.

Which one describes your situation?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I never get random shutoffs anymore in the form of Luna Restarts or even finding my Pre off.

Which one describes your situation?
    I find mine off (btw it's the att pre plus) and I have to turn it completely back on...
    My VZW Pre+ cut off twice in the first few weeks while I was commuting. I observed it happened when I was about to hit the road and 1) turned on bluetooth, then before it was fully on 2) pressed power to turn off screen/lock phone and holstered it. Now I wait a few seconds first and also make sure I don't jam it into the case on the power button.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Mine only restarts when I drop it or when I was using some hacks/patches.
    Have you dropped it or added any patches lately?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by canderoc View Post
    Mine only restarts when I drop it or when I was using some hacks/patches.
    Have you dropped it or added any patches lately?
    The patches I have are the Add Bing and Yahoo to the launcher
    Audio/Video attachments to sms
    Copy youtube url to clipboard
    Read/Delete All email
    and the Virtual keyboard

I'm just confused as to what causes this
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoled985 View Post
    The patches I have are the Add Bing and Yahoo to the launcher
    Audio/Video attachments to sms
    Copy youtube url to clipboard
    Read/Delete All email
    and the Virtual keyboard

I'm just confused as to what causes this
    doesn't sound like an update will fix your problem...you seem to have a hardware issue.

BTW...does this happen when you shut the slider?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    doesn't sound like an update will fix your problem...you seem to have a hardware issue
    damnit...
    I'd try uninstalling all hacks, patches, and homebrews, see if that helps.
    Not a usually behavior sounds like a hardware issue. You may install reboot scheduler so that it gets a schedule reboot everyday. It doesn't sound like that would help though since your already ready getting a lot of unschedule reboots.

It is a computer and does need to reboot occasionally but it sounds like you need a new phone. You can try doctoring it 100 percent if taking off the homebrew doesn't help. I have tones on patches and homebrew and don't have this problem so I doubt taking it off will change anything.

Good luck.
    I used to get restarts all the time when I had Developer Mode turned on. Something like 3-4 per day. Since turning it off, I still have restarts, but it's like once a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoled985 View Post
    I find mine off (btw it's the att pre plus) and I have to turn it completely back on...
    you have hardware probs most likely
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Its definatly hardware issues, apparently they are common. I had only had my pre for a week and I found it randomly shutting off all the time So I took it back to Verizon and they replaced it for me and said that it's been happenening with several of them. Now I have no problems at all.
  14.    #14  
    I'm taking it to the store today then... geesh this sucks, I hope I get one with no problems!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dattu View Post
    I used to get restarts all the time when I had Developer Mode turned on. Something like 3-4 per day. Since turning it off, I still have restarts, but it's like once a week.
    How do you know if you are in developer mode. I installed Preware a month or so ago and had to go into developer mode. I started getting restarts after that. Is it possible I am still in developer mode?
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad
  16.    #16  
    I'm one day off of the 30 days, they probably won't exchange it, I'll at least try tho
    definitely sounds like a hardware issue. I haven't had any of these problems before, and neither does my brother's. Sorry to hear that. :-(
  18.    #18  
    They exchanged it for a new one but this one has a heat spot in the right corner smh... I hope this thing doesn't act up
    Quote Originally Posted by compo View Post
    How do you know if you are in developer mode. I installed Preware a month or so ago and had to go into developer mode. I started getting restarts after that. Is it possible I am still in developer mode?
    Via precentral's how to: http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes

Just as if you are performing a Universal Search, start typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" without the quotation marks.

Tap the Developer Mode icon and turn Developer Mode on. If you're having trouble getting it right, you can also enter "webos20090606" (though if you ask us the Konami code is much more fun.)

Set Developer Mode
  20.    #20  
    I can't win, not only does this one have a heat spot in the right corner but there's a grey spot on the freakin screen! I'm getting frustrated...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast