1.    #1  
    So I recently acquired a pre plus on Verizon.... Love it to death but lately the head phone jack has been acting up and doesn't stream to both earbuds unless I twist the headphone jack a little here and there. A person at one of those verizon stalls at a mall told me its grounds for an exchange for a new pre+ but first a couple questions:
    1. Anyone experience this headphone issue?
    2. Can I exchange my pre+ for a pixi+? I've had my pre+ for more than 30 days fyi..
    3. Anything else you guys suggest I do?

Thanks Pre Central...
    Quote Originally Posted by scarflash View Post
    So I recently acquired a pre plus on Verizon.... Love it to death but lately the head phone jack has been acting up and doesn't stream to both earbuds unless I twist the headphone jack a little here and there. A person at one of those verizon stalls at a mall told me its ground for an exchange but first a couple questions:
    1. Anyone experience this headphone issue?
    2. Can I exchange my pre+ for a pixi+? I've had my pre+ for more than 30 days fyi..
    3. Anything else you guys suggest I do?

Thanks Pre Central...
    Hello and welcome!

for your questions
    1) the headphone jack is known to act up. there are some solutions and discussion that may help you here http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...sound-fix.html

And i will add that you might want to try a different set of earbuds, just to be 100% certain it isn't related to the buds (accepting that it could be a combination of the buds and the phone)

in the end, if all else fails and you have a bad jack then bring it to a corporate store, but run backup first

2) I don't know, but if you do have a headset jack problem, i'm willing to bet that when they say you can have a replacment, you could talk your way into a pixi instead

3) lots of recommendations, starting with checking out the stickies in the tips, information and resources thread
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ion-resources/

and then looking into homebrew if you want to go that route, it offers eveything from some applications, added functions (voice recording) themeing the device, adding patches for all sorts of modifications, like using the LED as a flashlight, or forcing your pre to roam in bad coverage areas. There are even ways to increase the speed of your pre.

anyway, good luck
    There are four lights.
  3.    #3  
    Yep yep. I got into the homebrew community straight away and I've been on a patch-downloading spree lately and finally gotten all the ones i like (Around 50). So far my palm headphones have been working fine with my laptop but I'll try to find another pair of headphones to try on my pre. Thanks for the help!
  4.    #4  
    New pre plus on the way! Thanks Verizon!
    I have this issue when I plug in a pair that doesn't have the mic. Is that what you are talking about?
  6.    #6  
    naa i'm having this problem with the headset included and i tried it with some other jacks like an aux input and its still messing up when i twist it and stuff. Just happy i'm getting a new phone... trying not to scratch or mess this one up aha
    Ok, are you left without a phone for now?
  8.    #8  
    naa verizon was really nice about it. Just called up tech support yesterday, explained my situation and they said they'd fedex me one by monday. All I have to do is take the battery out of the one I have right now and put it in the one they send me. Then i'll send out the faulty phone in a pre-labeled box. Piece of cake.
    Awesome, hope that works out well.