Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Its the first phone I have that can actually compete with the Iphone. Keep this thread moving.
    it does everything i need it to do, and its small and compact. Only need to get rid of the button that gets in the way of advanced gestures.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    ...is sucks less than all the others.

No, really. It does.

And, it looks really cool when you show it off to all your iPhone, Crackberry and some Android using friends.
    the os... Nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarflash View Post
    the os... Nuff said.
    Agreed!
    Multitasking. Hands down the biggest reason why I'm still with my Pre.

I went to a Best Buy to look at the Milestone (Droid) and the store clerk came up to me and asked if I was interested in the phone and I asked him if the Milestone multitasked. He said he wasn't sure, and I asked him to open an email app and a web page, and then switch to the calendar and then back to the email. He tried a couple of times, and then went to his computer behind the counter and then came back and told me that the Android platform doesn't multi-task. He was just lying to try to make a sale.

But that was it for me. In the work that I do, I multitask ALL DAY. Text edit, then web page, then email, then download a podcast, back to web page etc. The way WebOS handles multitasking is freaking brilliant. And I can put up with lack of apps easily if I can seamlessly shift from one app to the other.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I love my Pre because:

It's my first smartphone and as we all know, our first love always holds a special place in our heart! lol
    But seriously - I love the way it feels in my hand. Not sure how Palm accomplished this, but no other phone I've owned has felt so naturally comfortable to hold. And it's different looking, in a good way!
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Oh lawd here we go again. Is it when your bored or have nothing to discuss the default thread is. "I'm a pre fan-boi because...?" I suggest we lump all these fan-boi threads with the complaints, no one cares about either or...
    The Multitasking on the Palm is a powerful tool and makes the phone a work horse.
    The GUI is streamline and sleek with a phone size form factor. The Touchstones are a cinch to use and overall its doing what I expect it to do. Work and work well.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Oh lawd here we go again. Is it when your bored or have nothing to discuss the default thread is. "I'm a pre fan-boi because...?" I suggest we lump all these fan-boi threads with the complaints, no one cares about either or...
    So who pee'd in your cornflakes this morning? Maybe you shouldn't have bothered clicking on the thread in the first place since the subject irritates you so much?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutz View Post
    So who pee'd in your cornflakes this morning? Maybe you shouldn't have bothered clicking on the thread in the first place since the subject irritates you so much?
    Lol... I couldn't have said it any better myself. Guess he/she doesn't love his/her pre. :-)
    I love the the fact that i can be reading a thread on precentral and with the flick of a finger i can go to my facebook app and update my status, go back to the thread and then change the song i am listening to while still reading. In short, I love WebOS and i cannot see myself using any other OS, and yes i have tried all the others (iphone, android, blackberry, etc)
    same here, I finally have a phone that *competes* with iOS4 (and beats it in many ways)
    Multitasking here...looking forward to flash...crossing my fingers for voice recognition.
    because i'm half way through my contract!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    I love how customizable it is. I have made no less than 8 people I know get the Pre or Pixi. Most of the time when someone says "I wish it was like this.." I say "There's a patch for that.."
    i love the hologram feature. and how it will carry on a conversation for me with my wife with out me being there, and just give the the highlights.
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    I love how I can tweak and hack the phone to make it "mine" and there's always a failsafe waiting for me at the doctor's office. Iphone users just got the ability to change their background wallpaper. HAHAHA what a joke!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    i love the hologram feature. and how it will carry on a conversation for me with my wife with out me being there, and just give the the highlights.
    I call shenanigans.

On topic, I love my Pre because..It loves me? I'm not sure how to correctly answer this question.
    I miss my pre...i have HTC EVO for 24hrs...and i miss my phone....its not the same multitasking sucks on EVO....card system is godsent.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast