1.    #1  
    I just got this phone the pther day and I have to press the phone to my ear to hear what the person on the other end is saying... Is there an app to turn up the voice calls? Can someone help me with this since I am not to tech savy??? Thank you guys!
    Try speakerphone.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  3. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimeydawson View Post
    I just got this phone the pther day and I have to press the phone to my ear to hear what the person on the other end is saying... Is there an app to turn up the voice calls? Can someone help me with this since I am not to tech savy??? Thank you guys!
    I'm not trying to be sarcastic in asking this question, so please take no offense....Did you try raising the volume all the way with the keys on side of the phone? As you press the "up" volume key, you'll see a status indicator on the screen showing the volume level rising. Perhaps your issue is that simple?
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    I'm not trying to be sarcastic in asking this question, so please take no offense....Did you try raising the volume all the way with the keys on side of the phone? As you press the "up" volume key, you'll see a status indicator on the screen showing the volume level rising. Perhaps your issue is that simple?
    And if that doesn't do it, you may have better luck with a headset. My BT headset has better sound than the Pre earpiece.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I can hear my speaker on my Pre just fine, not trying to be a smart#ss but have you had your hearing checked lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimeydawson View Post
    I am hard of hearing and normally wear aides, but with the volume all the way up on my palm pre + can hear phone calls just fine without them.

If you are satisfied you have your volume turned up with the top button on the left side of your phone and still have the problem I would recommend taking it back where you bought it.
    The Pre speaker is too quiet for my tastes as well, and I have very good hearing. For general use it's fine, but if I'm outside around traffic, or in my car, it's way too quiet. A bluetooth headset solves this problem, but the issue still remains. I am hopeful that a patch will be written one day, to increase speaker volume.
    The earbuds that come with the phone work very well for me.
    The speaker phone can be pretty quiet, but make sure you turn the phone around to face you and you aren't covering up the speaker with your hand.

Otherwise, maybe you accidentally blew out your speaker. Seems to be a common issue. I would take it back, provided you didn't buy it off someone.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM