1.    #1  
    is there a way to force the broser to default to google.co.uk? I could sware its only just started heading to .com...

(I'm logged into my google account which is set for .co.uk in the desktop browser)
    at least you get .com...sometimes i get the german google.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    at least you get .com...sometimes i get the german google.
    Sometimes? I quite often get the german google!
    I always get the german google.

Surely there's a way to sort it out. Only started doing it with 1.4.1.1
    I thought it was just me that got the German Google! Not sure how I changed it now tbh so this may not be much help.

If I recall on Google website I went to Preferences, More settings, and my interface language was set to German so I changed that to English. Then moved down to 'Search Language' and unchecked everything except for English. Then saved preferences. since I done that it has only brought up English results it's still on Google.com but at least the German has gone!

May help or you may have tried that already without success.

Paul,
    mine is always in german too. Even get german in preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by gazwb View Post
    mine is always in german too. Even get german in preware.
    Are you a German from Germany?
    Haha if I was then there wouldn't be a problem! I am from the UK
  9.    #9  
    is guess its something to do with the massive majority of gsm users being german....

google certianly don't seem to be fans of palm - their maps offering on the iphone 4 is sweet! I wonder if HP can sort this for their new products....do they work togther on other things?

(clearly google UK don't care about webOS as they can tell exactly how many users there are in the uk - ie us 6)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjholland87 View Post
    I always get the german google.

Surely there's a way to sort it out. Only started doing it with 1.4.1.1
    You can change it. From the options select "Mehr", then scroll down, select "Und noch mehr". Click on "Nich in Deutschland?", then select "Grossbritanien". (that's a German double s, but I can't find it on Charmap)
    Keeps going back when I reboot, though.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 60milesmile View Post
    is guess its something to do with the massive majority of gsm users being german....

google certianly don't seem to be fans of palm - their maps offering on the iphone 4 is sweet! I wonder if HP can sort this for their new products....do they work togther on other things?

(clearly google UK don't care about webOS as they can tell exactly how many users there are in the uk - ie us 6)
    Us 7!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbode View Post
    Us 7!
    Us 8 lol.

Has anyone actually ever seen another Pre user in the UK?

I sure as hell haven't.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phatwayne View Post

I sure as hell haven't.
    I've met people that know what mine is if I get it out. Does that count?
    Quote Originally Posted by phatwayne View Post
    Us 8 lol.

I sure as hell haven't.
    I saw someone with one about a month ago, so a full 6 months from launch to have my first sighting, but I also know of a friends girlfriends mum having one as well, so at least 3 in my town!!
    I know of one other person with a Pre in the UK and they are on my facebook friends list but have never seen anyone else with one while walking around, I like the fact that I am different but it would be nice to have better UK support for APPS like iPlayer, Talk Sport and there is now a new pro-boards app out!

Is there a UK developers page anywhere we can ask/beg for stuff?
  17.    #17  
    i saw a guy with one in an indian restuarant in london - nearly fell of my seat....girlfriend over-ruled me going to talk to him.

with luck, flash will bring the iplayer soon....