Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    if i get a new text while I do not already have the messaging app launched the message tone will play.

if I have messenger open to the first page (where it shows all the people) or to that persons conversation, i don't get a message tone

rmausser indicated that the tone plays on every message, regardless of where on the phone they may be at a given time?

how about everyone else? do I have a problem here?
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I had this issue a while back, I THINK it was new card per convo patch or one of the smstone per contact patch. Uninstall any messaging related patches one by one starting with those.
    I have noticed that if I leave the slider open, I do not get the notification tone. Any other time I get it just fine. Don't know if that helps.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    DOH! <head slap> in my process of elimination I screwed up my phone. Visiting the Dr now. Then I will put the patches back, by category, and see which one was the culprit.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    okay, all done doctoring.

prior to dr i had SMS tone per contact V2 and I wasnt gerring tones when the message app was open.

now i have the original SMS tone per contact patch and i get notifications.

I am afraid to switch back and test because last time i 'played' around I messed up my phone.

but i suspect it was the V2 SMS patch