1.    #1  
    Hello, I played with the pixi and I loved it. I still love my pre but I am buying a pixi off craigslist to try it out. Anyway, once i change to the pixi can I use my same palm profile login, password. Will my music transfer? My main question is will my palm profile work for both the pre and pixi? Thanks
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Nope. You can only have one palm profile associated with a wireless device. You would need to have a new profile for the Pixi. You can transfer your music to the pixi by copying the music to a folder on your computer and dragging and dropping it onto the Pixi.

Having separate profiles means any apps you purchased with that profile would have to be purchased again on the whichever of the phones is using a new profile.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Yeah, you can only use one profile on one device at the time, but I imagine that you would only have either phone activated on the network at the time as well, right? I don't see why that would be too much of an issue.

I've thought about doing the same thing. I love the "power" advantage of my Pre+, but I just can't help but feel that the build solidity/better and constantly available keyboard/overall better FEELING Pixi+ would be better suited for me. It's a shame that I have to feel like I have to choose between power or quality.
    It's a d**n shame that the Palms are locked down that way anyways. Who in the world thought that was a good idea? Especially since you're not asking the system to transfer your profile to a competitive platform, it's the same product maker, same OS, for goodness sake.
    Unless the Craiglist seller bought the phone outright without having to activate it, you might have issues trying to use it on your carrier. Might come up as stolen, you never know with Craigslist items. Just sayin.
  5.    #5  
    Yes I will only have 1 phone activated at a time. I may have the pixi activated and the 3 months later want to use my pre again. Sprint said I could change whenever I want...I just want the same profile. Hmmm no one has run into this?
    Thanks
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Yes I will only have 1 phone activated at a time. I may have the pixi activated and the 3 months later want to use my pre again. Sprint said I could change whenever I want...I just want the same profile. Hmmm no one has run into this?
    Thanks

If you are going to basically switch over to the Pixi for a period of time, YES you can transfer everything over to it from your Pre including the profile...BUT you CANNOT have both activated at the same time. It is the same concept of getting a replacement Pre if yours died. So you should be set.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong but I have seen many people do this to Pre's so a Pixi should be no different assuming it is also running WebOS...lol

AGAIN you must get your other phone deactivated FIRST. Then start up the Pixi and sign into your profile.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    oh yeah, if you're only going to have one active at a time you're good to go. They actually discussed this a few weeks ago on the precentral podcast :-)
  8.    #8  
    Nice Thank you all! Will music transfer too?
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Nice Thank you all! Will music transfer too?
    music does not sync with your palm profile, so no, now if you were using a cloud service for your music then you would just need whatever app you are using to access your cloud content
    Quote Originally Posted by Fountainhead View Post
    It's a d**n shame that the Palms are locked down that way anyways. Who in the world thought that was a good idea? Especially since you're not asking the system to transfer your profile to a competitive platform, it's the same product maker, same OS, for goodness sake..
    I hear what you are saying, but if it was not so, then users would share login IDs and piracy of purchased apps would ensue.
    The only problem you are going to have going from one device to another (especially from a Pre to a Pixi) is with applications. Not all applications you may currently have may work on a Pixi so those apps will not be available to you to use (they will still download in the background, but won't allow it to install them) so for instance your 3d games will be limited for the time being...
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts