Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ok so i am a new palm pre plus owner, and slowly getting used to all it's features. anyways i recently loaded up my pre with all my music by syncing through windows media player. here is where my problem comes in, when i have the device hooked through usb and i'm looking through media player it shows all 400+ songs of mine, but once i disconnect and go to listen to my songs only a small portion of them are actually there (132 songs). so i go back and try to resync them but it says allready on the device... so how do i go about getting those on the device? and if they are there how do i get them to show up in my songs list?
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlulu View Post
    ok so i am a new palm pre plus owner, and slowly getting used to all it's features. anyways i recently loaded up my pre with all my music by syncing through windows media player. here is where my problem comes in, when i have the device hooked through usb and i'm looking through media player it shows all 400+ songs of mine, but once i disconnect and go to listen to my songs only a small portion of them are actually there (132 songs). so i go back and try to resync them but it says allready on the device... so how do i go about getting those on the device? and if they are there how do i get them to show up in my songs list?
    It sounds like perhaps the large majority of your music is in a format that can be played by Windows Media Player and/or is DRM protected, but is not recognized by WebOS. WebOS supported audio formats are, according to Palm, MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, QCELP, WAV. Try converting the format of one of those songs that isn't showing up, and see if that works, and that might confirm my theory.
    yeah and when you change over to something else you lose the link that show all your musics info and it throws them all into an unknown list and cant remember what songs are what or who sinds what lol i have this same problem right now too
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    webos does not recognize wma files, only use mp3.
  5.    #5  
    ah, that makes sense, i'll have to find some software and start converting all those wma files to mp3's
  6. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlulu View Post
    ah, that makes sense, i'll have to find some software and start converting all those wma files to mp3's
    There are many to choose from. One I like to use is free, and can convert a lot more than just music, is Format Factory (Format Factory - Free media file format converter).
  7.    #7  
    thanks, i have a working solution now. my friend who actually got me into a pre in the first place told me about doubletwist which is doing the job nicely right now.
    i have the opposite problem and it's driving me nuts. i have some duplicates on the pre. when i hook up to computer NONE of these dups show in windows explorer, media monkey or mp3tag. yet when i go to play songs on the pre they are there! i've reset the pre - rescaned it via media monkey and mp3tag numerous times but it's still as above. i've scanned the entire pre and not just the music folder too = yet the songs appear (and play) on the pre but don't show up when i look for them via the above methods.
    any help wold be so appreciated!
  9. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    i have the opposite problem and it's driving me nuts. i have some duplicates on the pre. when i hook up to computer NONE of these dups show in windows explorer, media monkey or mp3tag. yet when i go to play songs on the pre they are there! i've reset the pre - rescaned it via media monkey and mp3tag numerous times but it's still as above. i've scanned the entire pre and not just the music folder too = yet the songs appear (and play) on the pre but don't show up when i look for them via the above methods.
    any help wold be so appreciated!
    My first guess would be that you've previously transferred some music via iTunes, and then later on re-transferred those same songs again via MediaMonkey? If so, did you remember to set Windows Explorer to show hidden folders? iTunes worked by placing the music in hidden folders, and the names of the files weren't even the names of the songs (they get "encrypted" for lack of a better term - random jumble of letters). Even if you had enabled hidden folders, you might not have found the specific songs if you were just looking for those songs names. If this is what happened to you, just enable hidden folders, and then delete the folder Music located under the iPod_Control folder when you enter USB mode (NOT the Music folder you see in USB mode - be sure it's the one under iPod_Control!).
    thanks-- i don't use itunes! i did try show hidden files the other day - figured that was it and i till couldn't find them. i also used win exp to just search the pre for the 'missing' songs but no luck. i'm stumped!
  11. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    thanks-- i don't use itunes! i did try show hidden files the other day - figured that was it and i till couldn't find them. i also used win exp to just search the pre for the 'missing' songs but no luck. i'm stumped!
    Hmmm....There is a setting in MediaMonkey that can mimic iTunes....Can you double-check the iTunes folder I previously referred to even though you haven't used iTunes just to confirm that it's not there for some reason?
    i sure will - didn't know that - thanks and i'll let you know
  13. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    i sure will - didn't know that - thanks and i'll let you know
    FYI - see attached. It's under Tools => Options => Portable/Audio Devices => And then find your phone, click configure, and go to the Device Configuration Tab.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ok - i did find the folder you mention via itunes as above- deleted it but the songs remain (the same-couldn't resist).
    i then went into portable devices on mm as above - pre itself doesn't come up just generics and my kids devices. i went thru each and checked for the "force itunes folders" and found it only on one device. i did uncheck it. i then rescaned the pre and still the songs don't show on mm or mp3tag, yet are in the pre. i just scaned the entire pre and even selected all file types on mm - but still nothing shows up!
  15. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    ok - i did find the folder you mention via itunes as above- deleted it but the songs remain (the same-couldn't resist).
    i then went into portable devices on mm as above - pre itself doesn't come up just generics and my kids devices. i went thru each and checked for the "force itunes folders" and found it only on one device. i did uncheck it. i then rescaned the pre and still the songs don't show on mm or mp3tag, yet are in the pre. i just scaned the entire pre and even selected all file types on mm - but still nothing shows up!
    You got me stumped - sorry. The only thing I can suggest is that you reboot the phone after deleting all the folders under that iTunes Music folder in case the app didn't rescan for all the available music for some reason. You did delete ALL the folders under that Music folder, right? If that doesn't work, I guess you're stuck with multiple version of all your Led Zeppelin music (yes - I did catch your reference!).
    you know - i didn't reset again - let me do that - i appreciate your time and efforts - and esp you picking up on the reference!
    no luck after reset - all songs are on the pre and nowhere else! can this be due to tag editing? i've edited before but this later batch of songs were a bear to edit. i'm sure that's why i have duplicates but i still don't know why they don't show up on the computer. thanks again for your help, tho - i do appreciate it!
  18. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    no luck after reset - all songs are on the pre and nowhere else! can this be due to tag editing? i've edited before but this later batch of songs were a bear to edit. i'm sure that's why i have duplicates but i still don't know why they don't show up on the computer. thanks again for your help, tho - i do appreciate it!
    The only way I can see tag editing have such an effect would be if you actually create multiple copies in re-tagging (which I have seen happen by the way), but then you should be able to see these songs on the phone. Sorry to say that the only conceivable answers I can come up with are that you're skipping a folder when you're searching, you're not seeing all hidden folders, you haven't deleted all iTunes folders, or (and I have no idea how this one could happen or how you'd correct it) that perhaps you've somehow managed to write songs to a partition other than the USB partition..... Sorry I'm flat out of ideas..... You've got my curiosity piqued though - I wish I had some other idea....
    what happened with some of the tags is my errors in editing created a separate album or artist - for example i have black eyed peas and THE black eyed peas. this happened on a few of these dups yet now i can't 'see' them on the computer to re-edit!
    ok - i finally got it - i disabled 'media sync' on the pre and that got rid of all the extraneous stuff! somehow i think it synced 'mimicing' itunes as you suggested and left me with tons of dups. and the reasons why they didn't actually show on mm or win explorer was that the songs actually were not there - only the art work and artist song tags - but no songs! the names showed up on the pre but nothing else. i disabled the media sycned and all is good now - thanks again for your help!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast