1.    #1  
    i was kind of bored this morning, so i figured i'd doctor my phone and just re-do everything from scratch, but i can't find preware in webosqi. am i missing something? please advise!
    I believe you have to look under the webos-internals feed.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I believe you have to look under the webos-internals feed.
    yeah, that's where i looked. i checked "all" then "pre" and even "pixi"

even if i had an outdated version of quick install, it would still be there, right?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    So you have to put phone in developer mode. write "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" no quotes.
    Connect Pre to computer. Open WebOS Quick Install and install preware.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nettwerk View Post
    So you have to put phone in developer mode. write "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" no quotes.
    Connect Pre to computer. Open WebOS Quick Install and install preware.
    yeah, it's in dev mode, and i can see the tweaks, and all of the themes, and the feeds, but i'm not finding preware in the feeds...

is it in the webos internals development kit now or something? :/
  6.    #6  
    i was hoping to install all my patches while i was waiting for my bro at an appointment i am driving him to, but i guess i'll have to get back to this after. damn.

oh well, thanks for the help. if anyone has noticed it not being in the usual feed and knows where i can find it, please let me know. i'll check the internals wiki when i get back too i guess...
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Preware is in Webosinternalz feed (Pre)
  8.    #8  
    could someone open quick install and check the feed to confirm. I know I probably sound like an *****, but it's not showing up in there for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    could someone open quick install and check the feed to confirm. I know I probably sound like an *****, but it's not showing up in there for me...
    Using WOSQI 3.14, I checked the WebOS-Internals (Pre) feed and Preware was listed.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  10.    #10  
    i just looked again after i got back home, and it's there. there are about 12-15 more things than when i was looking earlier, which is really strange. i wonder if the feed was not being "fed" to my MB right or something. oh well, just glad it's there now!
  11.    #11  
    ps thanks everyone!
    I was looking for it this weekend and wasn't able to find it with either my wife's or my phone. I did a little google search and found a WebOS Internalz Preware Standalone Installer that finally got the job done for me (located about mid page).
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals - ignore any other obsolete instructions, and make sure you're using the right versions of the tools required.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals