1.    #1  
    Hey all,
    Another victim of palm pre's touchscreen hardware here. I received an important text while waiting for my new phone and would like to know if theres any way i can open it with just the keyboard?

I can get to the messaging screen but cant select a specific text to view without the touchscreen so far. Help!
    Using WebOS Quick Install, go to Tools, then Receive File.
    enter: /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3
    Copy it to your PC somewhere. I myself have never looked inside of the file but your messages (among other things) are stored in there.
    Last edited by NachoB; 06/21/2010 at 10:52 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    See post #7.
    Last edited by NachoB; 11/29/2010 at 08:07 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    See post #7.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    See post #7.

Palm Pre wallpapers
  6.    #6  
    thx!
    Updated Info:

Using WebOS Quick Install, go to Tools, then Receive File (you'll need to be in Developer mode to do this).
    enter: /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 and select your save location.

View the db3 file with: SQLite Database Browser

In SQLite Database Browser, select the "Browse Data" tab and look for com_palm_pim_FolderEntry in the drop down menu.

This will be pretty messy because Email and SMS's are stored in the same table within the database.

The best way to view the data, in my opinion, would be to do an export in SQLite, export com_palm_pim_FolderEntry in csv format (be sure to include .csv at the end of the filename, SQLite doesn't include this for some reason), then open it up with Excel or similar app. I deleted all columns except for deviceTimeStamp, fromAddress, timeStamp, summary, and messageText. I then sorted the data by the timeStamp column which allowed me to view my messages (received and sent) in the order they occurred. Sent messages have no fromAddress so if you attempt to sort by both timeStamp and fromAddress your messages won't appear in order with received messages.

Hope all that makes sense.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    But what about getting into "Developer Mode"

My touchscreen was mostly unresponsive, I ran webos Doc and now it is completely unresponsive. I cannot toggle Developer Mode to "On" without tapping it...
    Hi, I'm having the same problem. Did you ever find out how to turn on the Developer Mode with an unresponsive screen? I was able to get as far as seeing the option to turn it on, but without the capability to swipe the "button" to the ON position, I'm stuck. I just want to read my last few text messages before I bury this phone! Thanks!!