1.    #1  
    Yesterday Palm Pre was acting odd. Well odder than usual. Was listening to .mp3's and the volume went all the way to Max & I could not lower it. Figured I'd reset by turning it on/off (my on/off switch is non-functioning) so I gave it a little tap (yes if I so much as bump my Pre it shuts off) and pluged the phone into the charger. Now I get the black & white USB icon non-stop.
    (I'd post the actual icon image but it looks like only folks w/ 10 or more posts can do that fancy stuff.)

And that's it. Tried pulling battery in & out several times. Did the orange + Sym + R deal a couple times. And as far as I know I don't have webDr. Any thoughts?
    You can download webOS doctor by going to Palm - webOS Doctor for Palm Pre for Sprint and downloading it.

If you can't get your phone to boot up last this screen, it should help. Also, if your Pre restarts when you touch it, you may be able to go to the Sprint store and ask them to either fix it, or give you battery cushions to make it so your battery doesn't disconnect as easily.
  3.    #3  
    I'll give it a shot. Thanks. And it's not that the Pre restarts once hit, it shuts off. And since the on/off buttons don't work I can only get it back by plugging it into an outlet or my laptop via the USB cable
    Fix the power button (or exchange it guessing you are still within your year warranty), also you shut down issue seams to be related to the battery being jarred..... you can find threads about both issues on these forums.
    when you take your battery out, leave it out for 5 min before putting it back in and turning it on.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    It won't help with your current problem but the space bar works as a power button to turn on when the keyboard is open. Might help you with turning on if it shuts off in the future but it should be looked at anyway.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    It won't help with your current problem but the space bar works as a power button to turn on when the keyboard is open. Might help you with turning on if it shuts off in the future but it should be looked at anyway.
    The space bar definitely does not work as a power button.

On topic: Pre's are pretty much impossible to brick. Doctor should nearly always bring it back to life.