Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. aferlynn's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
       #1  
    So, I've dug around looking for help with this and I can't seem to find it. Sorry if my questions are very new, this is only the 2nd time I've homebrewed a pre and the first time I've tried overclocking.

    I installed uberkernel and govnah through preware, with hopes of doing the screen state 800 mhz one. When I open Govnah, I can't seem to find the setting where you can change it to 800 mhz. (nor can I figure out how to work Govnah in general, it seems..)

    it says:
    profile - unknown
    governor: ondemand

    if I click to change the profile and I click Screenstate 500/800, nothing on the main screen changes (it stays at 500). If I click governor,I can change it to ondemand or userspace. But under either of those, the highest option for max freq is 600 mhz. I have no idea what any of the other settings mean..

    Am I missing something? Any advice/tips would be helpful. Also is there anything I should know about the other settings (what to set them to, etc. etc.).

    Thanks for your help! I'm usually good with technology, but I feel so lost. LOL
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by aferlynn View Post
    So, I've dug around looking for help with this and I can't seem to find it. Sorry if my questions are very new, this is only the 2nd time I've homebrewed a pre and the first time I've tried overclocking.

    I installed uberkernel and govnah through preware, with hopes of doing the screen state 800 mhz one. When I open Govnah, I can't seem to find the setting where you can change it to 800 mhz. (nor can I figure out how to work Govnah in general, it seems..)

    it says:
    profile - unknown
    governor: ondemand

    if I click to change the profile and I click Screenstate 500/800, nothing on the main screen changes (it stays at 500). If I click governor,I can change it to ondemand or userspace. But under either of those, the highest option for max freq is 600 mhz. I have no idea what any of the other settings mean..

    Am I missing something? Any advice/tips would be helpful. Also is there anything I should know about the other settings (what to set them to, etc. etc.).

    Thanks for your help! I'm usually good with technology, but I feel so lost. LOL
    Open govnah, clcik the top option which shoud say governor, then inside there should be the option for screenstate, just tap on it to select it.
  3. aferlynn's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
       #3  
    you mean the "profile" option? if i click this, i do get an option for "Screenstate 500/800". But when I click this, it goes back to the main screen, nothing has changed - the profile still says "unknown" and the frequency stays at 500 mhz. Shouldn't it show 800 mhz since the screen is on?

    if I click the "Governor" option (instead of profile), the only choices I have under governor are "userspace" and "ondemand." The rest of the options are to manual change the settings for min/max freq, threshold, etc. But nowhere here is 800 mhz.
  4. #4  
    did you reboot your phone after installing govnah and uberkernel.
  5. aferlynn's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    did you reboot your phone after installing govnah and uberkernel.
    I did a luna restart.

    I just did a full reboot and that fixed the problem. thanks!
  6. #6  
    your welcome... enjoy
  7. #7  
    how u do a full reboot? and restart luna?


    Quote Originally Posted by aferlynn View Post
    I did a luna restart.

    I just did a full reboot and that fixed the problem. thanks!
  8. aferlynn's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    how u do a full reboot? and restart luna?
    full reboot you just press/hold the power button, on the menu that comes up hit "Power" and then "Restart".

    Restart luna can be done through preware or WebOSinternals. (I'm unsure if there's another way).
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by aferlynn View Post
    full reboot you just press/hold the power button, on the menu that comes up hit "Power" and then "Restart".

    Restart luna can be done through preware or WebOSinternals. (I'm unsure if there's another way).
    an app called luna manager, it's great,i use it whenever a reboot is needed but do not have preware open..
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by aferlynn View Post
    So, I've dug around looking for help with this and I can't seem to find it. Sorry if my questions are very new, this is only the 2nd time I've homebrewed a pre and the first time I've tried overclocking.

    I installed uberkernel and govnah through preware, with hopes of doing the screen state 800 mhz one. When I open Govnah, I can't seem to find the setting where you can change it to 800 mhz. (nor can I figure out how to work Govnah in general, it seems..)

    it says:
    profile - unknown
    governor: ondemand

    if I click to change the profile and I click Screenstate 500/800, nothing on the main screen changes (it stays at 500). If I click governor,I can change it to ondemand or userspace. But under either of those, the highest option for max freq is 600 mhz. I have no idea what any of the other settings mean..

    Am I missing something?
    The first thing you are missing in your post is the full version numbers of all the things you are using.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Posting Permissions