1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

Seem to have run into trouble with the kernel thing. Phone would constantly restart itself, etc. I didn't even notice much of a blazing speed difference. I went into Preware and uninstalled the kernel, and I orange-keyed the Govnah application.

After that, it's all cleared up and normal, right?
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    Hey guys,

Seem to have run into trouble with the kernel thing. Phone would constantly restart itself, etc. I didn't even notice much of a blazing speed difference. I went into Preware and uninstalled the kernel, and I orange-keyed the Govnah application.

After that, it's all cleared up and normal, right?
    More or less. To be safe, install the recovery kernel.
    did not notice a differnce in speed,,something must have been very wrong then because set up properly it is a very noticeible differnce. Sorry it did not work out for you.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by japark View Post
    More or less. To be safe, install the recovery kernel.
    Where do I get that? Does that wipe anything?

As for the speed difference and potentially installing wrong, what could have possibly gone wrong? Maybe I'll try it again.
    Orange + tap, reboot. Done. No need for the recovery kernel.

If you want to confirm that, copy this into the Linux Commandline in WOSQI:
    Code:
    cat /proc/cpuinfo
    For BogoMIPS, it should be about 498.07

If you didn't feel a speed increase:
    -Make sure you installed Uber-Kernel AND Govnah
    -Reboot phone
    -Open Govnah and select a profile that suits your needs
    -Most users select the Screenstate 500/800

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Orange + tap, reboot. Done. No need for the recovery kernel.

If you want to confirm that, copy this into the Linux Commandline in WOSQI:
    Code:
    cat /proc/cpuinfo
    For BogoMIPS, it should be about 498.07

If you didn't feel a speed increase:
    -Make sure you installed Uber-Kernel AND Govnah
    -Reboot phone
    -Open Govnah and select a profile that suits your needs
    -Most users select the Screenstate 500/800
    Yeah I rebooted, so I should be good. I did those things for the patch....maybe I was expecting more, or maybe I'm just not too perceptive? Eh. No biggie.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    Where do I get that? Does that wipe anything?

As for the speed difference and potentially installing wrong, what could have possibly gone wrong? Maybe I'll try it again.

I removed UberKernel. When I tried to re-install it, it would not install until I installed the recovery kernel. That is why I suggested installing the recovery kernel.

You certainly don't have to.
    all the info is here, you just need to search. If you Dr your phone, you'll be good. It DOES NOT wipe your USB partition,so you don't loose anything.. Especially if you use save/restore to save your needed files, you just use that after Dr'ing and you'll have a fresh clean phone with NO issues, I just did it and I'm glad I did..
    Quote Originally Posted by japark View Post
    I removed UberKernel. When I tried to re-install it, it would not install until I installed the recovery kernel.
    That indicates you did not remove it properly.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Same thing happens when you do a Full Erase with UK installed: you first have to install the reco kernel and then reinstall the UK and Govnah.
    Yep, that is expected. A full erase does not modify the installed kernel files, but removes the entry which tells Preware that a custom kernel is installed.

A full erase should *always* be accompanied by a webOS Doctor.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals