1.    #1  
    Does the stand alone installer for preware require an internet connection to complete? If not, I'll be doing this today.
    Not to install, but to get feed updates it does.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I have to tether to get internet to my PC, so whether I needed the net or not was actually a barrier to installation. Thanks.
    do you have mobile hot spot or my tether?
    I think he was asking about pc needing the internet. He would need the internet to go to the standalone preware installer website and download the program. I am assuming the OP doesn't have Preware now and needed to know how to install it.
  6.    #6  
    mamouten - neither right now. I was under the impression that you could load mobile hotspot through preware... which is one of the reasons I was going to load it. I have downloaded the standalone installer for preware already and have it on cd. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to reach out during the install. If it did, that'd be ok but I'd rather walk into the setup properly prepared.

tomi666 - your read my question right.
    Well I am confused now! Mobile hot spot isn't in Preware but the freetether services are. Here is the link for mobile hot spot http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...print-pre.html
  8.    #8  
    mamouton - I've tried to download those... not able to. The files appear to be missing or the server is down.
    check your pm
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    i may be mistake here, but doesn't wosqi need internet to LOAD the apps & feeds to install Preware or ANY apps? It still reads from the feeds...
    webosqi does the op asked aabout Preware