Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 60 of 60
  1. #41  
    same way as other s !! code entry multiple times or the Seller already has done it...Cant know for sure NOw ;-) .. Man feeling irritated and Funny tooo.... crap

    well let see what solution works out,,,though my disadvantage is that i m totally a newbie to webOS.


    Can anyone tell if RSC or Univesal sim will work on AT&T Pre Plus? And if yes will data connection work?
    Last edited by bhupsinh89; 06/24/2010 at 03:48 AM.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by bhupsinh89 View Post

    Why would someone need Double Lockings?????? Unlock code and then in case wrong entry ,Unblock code.....Don't defend operators (ATT or others) tomi666, but i think its mean, monopolistic and non -comforting policy if operators.
    You're not being serious with this comment are you?
    If a provider subsidises the cost of a phone, wouldn't you expect that they have the right to recoup that money by making sure that phone is used on their network? Or do you think companies should start making losses on phones and start handing them out for free and tell people that they can use it on any network?
    If you want a completely unlocked pre then see if you can purchase it from Palm at the full cost.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    You're not being serious with this comment are you?
    If a provider subsidises the cost of a phone, wouldn't you expect that they have the right to recoup that money by making sure that phone is used on their network? Or do you think companies should start making losses on phones and start handing them out for free and tell people that they can use it on any network?
    If you want a completely unlocked pre then see if you can purchase it from Palm at the full cost.
    The pre plus i m talking is WITHOUT CONTRACT with ATT..Kinldy Explain how is $400 for contract free, SUBSIDIZED? So why Locked ? still i can understand that ...as they would like to have it on their network.....But even after buying code, chance of being Blocked !!

    And Where Does Palm Sells Unlocked pre plus????? other then through Carriers(ATT, which again confirms my issue) ....Plz Explain .
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by bhupsinh89 View Post
    The pre plus i m talking is WITHOUT CONTRACT with ATT..Kinldy Explain how is $400 for contract free, SUBSIDIZED? So why Locked ? still i can understand that ...as they would like to have it on their network.....But even after buying code, chance of being Blocked !!

    And Where Does Palm Sells Unlocked pre plus????? other then through Carriers(ATT, which again confirms my issue) ....Plz Explain .
    I thought you needed to be ATT customer and have an active data plan to be able to buy the Pre Plus on ATT?
    And if you did pay full retail without any subsidisation then you should have asked ATT for the unlock code or refused to buy the phone otherwise.

    This is because you are buying the code from a third party who has nothing to do with ATT, the third party must have advertised that there was a chance that the unlock code would not work, or did they not?
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I thought you needed to be ATT customer and have an active data plan to be able to buy the Pre Plus on ATT?
    And if you did pay full retail without any subsidisation then you should have asked ATT for the unlock code or refused to buy the phone otherwise.

    This is because you are buying the code from a third party who has nothing to do with ATT, the third party must have advertised that there was a chance that the unlock code would not work, or did they not?

    Palm clarly mentioned Pre + ATT at no commitment pricing $399.99
    PalmĀ® Pre (TM) Plus Cell Phone - Wireless from AT&T

    still they want to Lock and BLOCK too. LOL.

    I always wondered and felt bad , why Palm failed commercially, even with such a bful device(somehow i like pre+ way better than iphone3Gs)....NOW i know ...)
  6. #46  
    BTW Don t worry about this blocking thing.. its going to be common with ATT pre+,as it s very easy to block (unintentionally ofcourse), devices not purchased from ATT store. so there will be solution soon, provided Pre+GSM sells well ..( less chances considering iphone 4 initial order response)
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Sorry, are you trying to tell me what to do?
    How exquisitely hilarious. Perhaps you should try punching in the wrong Unblock code TEN times as well.
    and may be activate another lock of theirs(lock step No. 3)!! LOL

    Sorry, not meant to offend u, but may be u can understand that they are not that generous either..
  8. #48  
    OK I have read through most of the thread tomi666 posted in reply to me and am slightly worried about this diag mode. How can I tell if the diag drivers are installed?

    If they are not do I just leave the box unticked and later on in the unlock client it will prompt me to install them?
  9. kalex's Avatar
    Posts
    253 Posts
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    So according to your theory, most threads on this forum should be moved to the official Palm forums at Palm Support Community - Palm Support Community.
    That is what you're saying, right?
    No thats not what I'm saying. I was actually agreeing with u, nextgen should provide tech support for their unlocks
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Tom, have you done it or are you over-analyzing in advance?
    Over analyzing while im waiting to be paid for a nokia N97 I sold - but should be buying the credit in the next few days. I have just downloaded the unlock client to check its all working okay in the mean time
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Install 1.3.5.2 software, or just downgrade the modem software, and use your Pre with a Rebel sim card. If you don't know how to do this, you have the entire forum at your disposal. Start reading and learn. Good luck.
    Will this work with the AT&T Palm Pre Plus? I have been reading through the instructions and noticed that it is only for Sprint CDMA. I need to "unblock" my Pre Plus and yes, I keyed in 5 or more wrong codes by mistake. I really want to use this phone with a carrier outside of the US.

    Greatly appreciate your insight to unblocking and finally unlocking this phone.
  12. #52  
    AT&T will not give it out. They say it is permanently locked to their network.

    So this means there is no way around the unblock code...
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by bhupsinh89 View Post
    Palm clarly mentioned Pre + ATT at no commitment pricing $399.99
    PalmĀ® Pre (TM) Plus Cell Phone - Wireless from AT&T

    still they want to Lock and BLOCK too. LOL.

    I always wondered and felt bad , why Palm failed commercially, even with such a bful device(somehow i like pre+ way better than iphone3Gs)....NOW i know ...)
    Palm bashing...FAIL. You think AT&T will give out the codes to unlock any iPhone? That's why you have to Jailbreak and Unlock using... oh, not available for iOS4. I guess those pretty new iPhones are chained to AT&T. Palm sells the unlocked Pre+. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that devs still get those at a discount, correct? Palm takes care of their customers who go through the right channels for these devices.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

    Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
  14. #54  
    i guess bringing it on AT& T plan is only gonna help....
    (That s what they wanted at the first Place ..Right!!)

    Or else try the Universal/Rebel Sim card(i will try soon, it may work!)...

    Else, as Someone said--Paperweight (it will be beautiful weight though..heart breaking .it is i know) Another Task addition in profile of Multi-Tasker Pre
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    Palm bashing...FAIL. You think AT&T will give out the codes to unlock any iPhone? That's why you have to Jailbreak and Unlock using... oh, not available for iOS4. I guess those pretty new iPhones are chained to AT&T. Palm sells the unlocked Pre+. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that devs still get those at a discount, correct? Palm takes care of their customers who go through the right channels for these devices.

    YA, Thats the point you missed......pre+ still not available to 70% world after more than a year who really want to grab it(else this thread would have not xisted)... Anyway ..NM..
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by bhupsinh89 View Post
    YA, Thats the point you missed......pre+ still not available to 70% world after more than a year who really want to grab it(else this thread would have not xisted)... Anyway ..NM..
    An unlocked PrePlus is available to anyone in the world.

    Buy it unlocked in Germany.
    Ship it to the US.
    Activate it with an AT&T prepaid sim.
    Ship it to your country.

    You end up with a permanently unlocked GSM PrePlus with access to the US paid app catalogue and full support for OTA updates.

    Simple really ... and completely legitimate.

    -- Rod
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    An unlocked PrePlus is available to anyone in the world.

    Buy it unlocked in Germany.
    Ship it to the US.
    Activate it with an AT&T prepaid sim.
    Ship it to your country.

    You end up with a permanently unlocked GSM PrePlus with access to the US paid app catalogue and full support for OTA updates.

    Simple really ... and completely legitimate.

    -- Rod
    Thankssss Man
    completely legitimate = i totally agree and very much The MOst effective way(till now)..

    But Simple Really=== Really..
    Simple would be palm launching it around globe and then sit on big pile of money !! Its still a very hot device, u know..
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    One sidenote though:
    Rod, unless you have a US credit card or friends in the US willing to buy apps for you, this is a bit of a costly Phileas Fogg solution which may result in a US Catalog full of nice little apps, and no way to pay for them.
    That's where the www.simon.com virtual giftaccount comes in.

    All you need is a US address and phone number, and then someone willing to accept a paypal payment from you and purchase a gift account which is then transferred into your name (i.e. the person doing this for you doesn't take any risk nor do they share any of their personal information with you). You then have a Visa Debit Card with an associated address and phone number which works with the US app catalog.

    I doubt that Palm would mind if all the people around the world who have gone to the trouble of shipping an unlocked GSM Palm device via the US to be activated but still can't buy apps due to the lack of a US credit card used the US address and phone number of Palm HQ to do this ... they get 30% of the purchase price so it's only fair that they help you out in some small way ...

    (Note that nothing gets sent to the address, nor does the phone number get called, they just have to exist in the US and match according to the clearing agency that Palm uses for handling the credit card verification)

    -- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 06/27/2010 at 07:15 AM.
  19. #59  
    Rod, that's a brilliant workflow!

    Now as we've solved the issue of the US credit cards (thanks Palm!), can anyone in Germany do the exporting to someone in the US who will then export to the rest of the world? ;p
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Install 1.3.5.2 software, or just downgrade the modem software, and use your Pre with a Rebel sim card. If you don't know how to do this, you have the entire forum at your disposal. Start reading and learn. Good luck.
    Hello

    I can use any sim card for unlock (yessim, turbosim, i.smart) or only REBEL simcard will works?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions