Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    well in a moral way to see it. I got to regrets on my comments. And i completely agree with you, shame on me.
    But lets be honest Iphone guys are pretty far out from ourselves on this matter.
    Thanks Rod for the lesson about the modem firmware. Really appreciate it. It make my vision of all this clearer.
    Luckily i am ATT customer ill call them tomorrow for them to get me out of this mess of the "unblock code" thing i really hope that they provides me of the precious code.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    So you're saying that Palm made a mistake because they didn't make it easy for you to violate the Terms of Service of the cellular carrier from which a subsidised phone was purchased?-- Rod
    Rod, thats a little presumptious isn't it. Not everyone has a pre that was subsidized and unlocked. I bought mine full retail from AT&T and they provided the unlock code for the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    To be fair, I think sajjad30 misread my earlier message as the unfriendly "Why would I help you?"

The "provider of the unauthorised unlock solution" can't do anything at this point. JIC tech's unlock server calculates the unlock code based upon the IMEI reading. The unblock code is a completely different code which is not calculated by this software. The only option left to get this code would be to contact the carrier network (o2 in this case), which will not yield results as o2 feels the device should remain locked to their network.

sorry to side track the thread but is JIC tech's unlcok the one from nextgenserver?

If it is do they just email you the unlock code after you have purchased it and then type in the code and the phone is unlocked or is it not as simple as that?
    Quote Originally Posted by xandermac View Post
    Rod, thats a little presumptious isn't it. Not everyone has a pre that was subsidized and unlocked. I bought mine full retail from AT&T and they provided the unlock code for the phone.
    And by doing so legitimately, you can just call up your carrier and get things fixed. Hence you're not part of the scenario where there is this weird blaming Palm for dodgy things not working.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by jero3188 View Post
    well in a moral way to see it. I got to regrets on my comments. And i completely agree with you, shame on me.
    But lets be honest Iphone guys are pretty far out from ourselves on this matter.
    Thanks Rod for the lesson about the modem firmware. Really appreciate it. It make my vision of all this clearer.
    Luckily i am ATT customer ill call them tomorrow for them to get me out of this mess of the "unblock code" thing i really hope that they provides me of the precious code.
    Were you successful in getting the "unblock code" from AT&T? I heard that they do not give it and say the phone is permanently locked to their network. Let me know if you did get the code. I have the same problem.
    Yes, JIC Tech developed the unlock solution. Nextgen sells the credits.

And no, the IMEI of the phone needs to be read and then the unlock code is calculated.
    In short:
    - purchase an unlock credit
    - download the unlock client
    - connect Pre to computer
    - follow guide to instal diag drivers
    - IMEI is read and unlock code calculated
    - punch in unlock code
    - disable diag mode
    thanks for the info - just before I buy is the unlock client compatible with windows 7? and as long as I can put the phone into developer mode I will be able to unlock my pre?

Also what is diag mode?

sorry for all the questions I just dont want to waste 25
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Osmond View Post
    thanks for the info - just before I buy is the unlock client compatible with windows 7? and as long as I can put the phone into developer mode I will be able to unlock my pre?

Also what is diag mode?

sorry for all the questions I just dont want to waste 25
    Shouldn't answering these questions be part of the service for which you are forking out an exorbitant 25 to JIC Tech and/or Nextgen ?

I wonder how much tomi666 charges for his answers

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    You really think so? You don't think much of this unauthorized unlocking stuff right? (which is perfectly fine by me of course)
    The only problem I have is when the people selling the solutions don't support those solutions well, and leave other generous people such as yourself to help their customers on forums like this one.

e.g. I would expect someone making a business of selling unlocking solutions to have their own forums where their customers could help each other and get these questions answered. If they did so, then that price would no longer be pure profit and I would consider it reasonable.

I also have a problem with people who think that Palm is somehow at fault when an unauthorized unlocking solution doesn't work for someone, but that's not the fault of the unlocking business

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  9.    #29  
    the JIC mistake is that they didnt mention that dont purchase our code if u enterd wrong code 10 times.....
  10.    #30  
    i didnt ruined my palm but the guy who give me he ruined it.....now i just want to use it but i dont think soo....but thanx tomi for ur help
    Quote Originally Posted by sajjad30 View Post
    i didnt ruined my palm but the guy who give me he ruined it.....now i just want to use it but i dont think soo....but thanx tomi for ur help
    So you are saying that the guy you got it off had already tried typing in the unlock code 10 times and he was the one that blocked the Pre? You then need to talk to him and get your cash back because you got conned.
  12.    #32  
    he graved me as gift......
    Quote Originally Posted by sajjad30 View Post
    he graved me as gift......
    What great friends you have. It might have been nice for him to mention that you shouldn't waste time trying to get it to work.
  14.    #34  
    not only time but also wasting money
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    This thread is hilarious
    If nextgen charges u 25 pounds for an unlock code, they should provide tech support for this. This forum is not for tech support of unlocking Pres. U paid for it, contact the seller and raise the issue.
    If u don't want to downgrade the firmware, sell your Pre for parts as non working unit and buy yourself a new one. Pretty straight forward. Or keep trying different CS reps and maybe someone will help u.
  16. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,555 Global Posts
    You sure this phone isn't actually nicked?
    oh Gosh... just got AT&T pre plus from ebay....got it blocked....
    Install 1.3.5.2 software, or just downgrade the modem software, and use your Pre with a Rebel sim card. If you don't know how to do this, you have the entire forum at your disposal. Start reading and learn. Good luck.
    JUST JOINED COMMUNITY..
    GOT ATT PRE PLUS BLOCKED..
    CAN I INSTALL web os 1.3.5.2 ON THAT??

and how can i downgrade modem s/w ?
    got web os doctor for 1.4.2 d/loaded but want to know what type of downgradation/ chages i m doing...
    So according to your theory, most threads on this forum should be moved to the official Palm forums at Palm Support Community - Palm Support Community.
    That is what you're saying, right?
    No, just the ones that don't deal with homebrew

-- Rod (just kidding)
    Quote Originally Posted by bhupsinh89 View Post
    oh Gosh... just got AT&T pre plus from ebay....got it blocked....
    Blocked or Locked?

If blocked, how did you manage to get it blocked?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast