Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    i tried doing some searching on the forum but couldnt find anything that matched my problem exactly. Today when i was using my palm pre plus i realized that sound was only coming through the front speaker on the phone and not the back. When someone called me the ringtone would go through the front speaker, not the back one. This was the same for: youtube, music, and apps. Has anyone had this problem/a solution for this problem? I think i may be a bug in the software but hopefully it is solvable because my 30-Day verizon warranty ends today. Thanks.
    Haven't heard this exact problem before. There's been a lot of reported cases where sound is only audible through the headphone jack, but I don't remember a case where only the ear piece works (I assume that's what you mean by the "front speaker").

The #1 thing to try when anything odd happens with the Pre is to try a total reboot. You can try Orange-Sym-R to start with. But a "full" reboot is powering it down and then pulling the battery for a few seconds. I believe that's the only way to really reset all of the hardware.

If that doesn't work, then I would suspect it's a hardware problem and try to get it back to a store ASAP.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Thanks rebooting it worked. But if it happens again ill be sure to take it back to verizon.