1.    #1  
    Well, was dinking around my Sprint Pre with CDMA WS and hit the "Generic IMEI" button and before I caught it I sent that to the phone.

Immediately, got Modem offline and now I can't talk to the phone with QPST or CDMA WS or anything that uses USB Bypass for the serial connection! I can still connect to terminal via Putty however.

Does anyone know of a way to recover this enough to be able to get the Modem back online? Perhaps with a "requestnvitemwrite ???" cmd to at least force the Modem to talk to me again?

I already did a full Doctor repair on the off chance that even using the original Palm one (not a bypass version) somehow would write to the NV as part of a Modem Change. Hey, there is an idea, when did they release the new modem software? Shouldn't these Dr. jar's reflash the modem also?

Long story short here......HELP!!!

Added:
    I have had over 140 viewers of this an no one can offer any help? How about someone with a working Pre who could send me an NV dump (using CDMA WS perhaps??) so I could manually try using PmModemFactory or even simple write commands to try and at least get this thing back up?

Any/all input would be greatly appreciated and let me know that someone at least cares?
    Last edited by jklong03; 06/20/2010 at 01:52 PM.
    Palm Pre
    Modded by myself to run on Cricket
  2.    #2  
    Sorry for the bump, but I really need input.
    Palm Pre
    Modded by myself to run on Cricket
    maybe the doctor will do you some good ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    WebOS Doctor used to reflash the modem drivers up until after 1.2.1 and they stopped support for whatever reason.

Read this:
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals

Seems like you tinkered too much with your phone. Try contacting rwhitby for some help on the detailed level. Visit the IRC channel.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    webos internals will not aid in dma workshop.

it's an underground thing...

check mobile-files.us
    well use the 1.2.1 doctor then im sure someone still has copies of it !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    well use the 1.2.1 doctor then im sure someone still has copies of it !
    Exactly my thoughts. Couldn't you doctor it to 1.2.1 and then upgrade back up? Does anyone know if you can 'skip' updates like go from 1.2.1 to 1.4.1?
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    doctoring 1.2.1 will not fix it.

he "altered" the esn/meid of the radio, now it is in offline mode.

worst case, even doctoring (even to 1.2.1), he cannot get pass the "phone activation" scren and login/create a new profile.

--yes I do know what I am talking about
    Wow, I guess you are hosed then...

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    no, not really hosed.

he can get it repaird via CDMA Workshop..but it's not an easy task

google for mobile-files
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    no, not really hosed.

he can get it repaird via CDMA Workshop..but it's not an easy task

google for mobile-files
    Would You be able to lend some insight on how I might go about fixing this with CDMA Workshop? Thanks!
    Not sure I can help, but I'm running Sprint Palm Pre and have access to QPST.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Not sure I can help, but I'm running Sprint Palm Pre and have access to QPST.
    I have access to QPST as well, but I can't even connect to them because my phone is in offline mode and my PC can't see the phone because of that!
    Hmm, I forced my phone into Offline Mode and can still use QPST. Sometimes I have to Enable Diag, then change to None, then enable Diag in USB Passthrough Control for it to show up in QPST Configuration.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Hmm, I forced my phone into Offline Mode and can still use QPST. Sometimes I have to Enable Diag, then change to None, then enable Diag in USB Passthrough Control for it to show up in QPST Configuration.
    How are You enabling diag and then changing to none, and then enabling again?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    search for "PalmPre_Rom_qinray_1.0.3.jar" if you dont find an old WebosDoctor image, this one has activation bypass and flashes the modem again, it will be large update though
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moris View Post
    search for "PalmPre_Rom_qinray_1.0.3.jar" if you dont find an old WebosDoctor image, this one has activation bypass and flashes the modem again, it will be large update though
    Yeah, I've tried that, no go!
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlsvern View Post
    How are You enabling diag and then changing to none, and then enabling again?
    Using USB Passthrough app on the Pre. If you're able to use WebOS Quick Install, install the Enable USB Passthrough patch onto your phone (if you haven't already). Can provide further instructions if needed.
    Last edited by NachoB; 07/09/2010 at 03:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Using USB Passthrough app on the Pre. If you're able to use WebOS Quick Install, install the Enable USB Passthrough patch onto your phone (if you haven't already). Can provide further instructions if needed.
    I would try buy my pre battery is so dead now and the darn thing isn't wanting to charge all of the sudden now...grrr.
    Thread reference for getting QPST up and running, might be of help

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ed-cached.html