1.    #1  
    Is there any way to swap the battery out without causing the phone to reset and having to wait (forever) for it to restart?

I've tried selecting the "swap battery" from the options you get when hold the power button down but that doesn't seem to make any difference. (Unless I'm doing something wrong).

I've also tried it with the charging adaptor plugged in, that doesn't seem to help either.

(Sorry if this has been addressed before, tried searching and didn't find anything).
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I found out a few days ago that if I leave it plugged into the wall charger cord (while plugged into the wall), I can take the battery out and replace it without it restarting.

I saw you said you tried it with the charging adapter plugged in but if that's what I think it is, then it works for me but not for you for some reason.
  3.    #3  
    Do you just take the battery out and replace it, or do you go to the power options first?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I just pop it out without going to the power options
    I can swap batteries after picking the swap option from the power menu which just makes my Pre's screen go dim black and then jump right back into where I was
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    I can swap batteries after picking the swap option from the power menu which just makes my Pre's screen go dim black and then jump right back into where I was
    Do you tap the button that says "shut down" first, or just switch the battery out when that screen appears?

I've tried it both ways, and it doesn't seem to make any difference... the phone always reboots and I have to wait the 3-5 minutes before I can do anything with it.
    My device history:

- Jim J.