1.    #1  
    I just got a replacement Pre Plus from Verizon. When it was done powering up all the apps are there, but the contact list is not complete. I turned the old phone on to double check, and copied the entire phone to my hard drive.

Will this just fix itself, or do I have to replace the contacts list in the new phone? What file would that be?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.
    it takes time for everything in your palm profile to download. Did you enter any new contacts in your old phone since last night's automatic back up?
  3.    #3  
    No, they are old contacts. Some moved and some did not.
    Are you using the palm profile as your default contact manager or do you have google or exhange setup on your Pre?
  5.    #5  
    I'm using the palm profile, the only google feature I use is google calendar.
    Atleast you have a backup!

Try signing back out of your profile and then signing back in. Sometimes things just mingled together in space, time, and all the wonders of the universe and things don't come back down properly. A second attempt might align the stars and moon properly to get everything back.

If you data doesn't come back after a second time (I wouldn't necessarily wait more than an hour) you can contact Palm directly and we can push a data set back to your phone..although it sounds like more work than what it would be for you to just restore the contacts since you already have them.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Do you have your contacts on your computer in Outlook? If so you can export to .CSV and import to Google Contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by ant241 View Post
    I'm using the palm profile, the only google feature I use is google calendar.
    I have read many horror stories involving the loss of contacts from the Palm Profile, though in fairness, those stories have been rare in the last six months. Very early on in the life of the Pre, it was a known issue for all of ones contacts in the Palm profile to go walk-about when doctoring or replacing a phone. This was avoided by using a Google account to sync contact info to. I highly recommend this path to you. I have yet to hear of Google losing one's contacts.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    it took mine a few hours to all load back up when i got my replacement phone.

I waited a few hours and then rebooted my phone and everything was in place.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post

Try signing back out of your profile and then signing back in. Sometimes things just mingled together in space, time, and all the wonders of the universe and things don't come back down properly. A second attempt might align the stars and moon properly to get everything back.

If you data doesn't come back after a second time (I wouldn't necessarily wait more than an hour) you can contact Palm directly and we can push a data set back to your phone..although it sounds like more work than what it would be for you to just restore the contacts since you already have them.
    I'm going to call Palm today, but how would I restore the contacts? This seems to be the simplest solution.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Do you have your contacts on your computer in Outlook? If so you can export to .CSV and import to Google Contacts.
    No I don't use outlook.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    I have read many horror stories involving the loss of contacts from the Palm Profile, though in fairness, those stories have been rare in the last six months. Very early on in the life of the Pre, it was a known issue for all of ones contacts in the Palm profile to go walk-about when doctoring or replacing a phone. This was avoided by using a Google account to sync contact info to. I highly recommend this path to you. I have yet to hear of Google losing one's contacts.
    I have Google calender, which is great, so I may add contacts after this. I miss my desktop synch! With my Treo's this was never a problem.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post

UPDATE: Contacted Palm this morning, they did the push back and everything is restored.

Thanks to everyone for their help!