1.    #1  
    OK, I keep asking in different forums but don't ever get a reply. Maybe this question shows that I am too ignorant to know the simple solution?

Anyway, got my phone registered on Cricket, can make voice calls just fine. As other threads have pointed out, I have to have my ID as {anything}@sprintpcs.com in profile 1 to make the phone think it is provisioned for data. OK, I understand that.

Now, the other threads all suggest creating a Profile 2 with the cricket NAI and password of cricket which I did and which is sticking on the phone after reboots (verified by reading phone w/QPST) but I cannot get the "Set Active Profile" setting to stick on anything other than Profiles 0 or 1!

What obvious step am I overlooking?? I would be happy right now to just get 1x data working!
    Palm Pre
    Modded by myself to run on Cricket
    Did you input the rite home sid or home nid for your area? My curve kept getting some settings reverted back to sprint until I copied my friends cricket phones nid and sid and no more changing
    Quote Originally Posted by jklong03 View Post
    OK, I keep asking in different forums but don't ever get a reply. Maybe this question shows that I am too ignorant to know the simple solution?

Anyway, got my phone registered on Cricket, can make voice calls just fine. As other threads have pointed out, I have to have my ID as {anything}@sprintpcs.com in profile 1 to make the phone think it is provisioned for data. OK, I understand that.

Now, the other threads all suggest creating a Profile 2 with the cricket NAI and password of cricket which I did and which is sticking on the phone after reboots (verified by reading phone w/QPST) but I cannot get the "Set Active Profile" setting to stick on anything other than Profiles 0 or 1!

What obvious step am I overlooking?? I would be happy right now to just get 1x data working!
    I bet you are using original sprint Pre.

Ok I give you some info you need. I already successful change carrier to others both Sprint Pre and Verizon Pre Plus. Verizon Pre Plus far more easier to change carrier rather then Sprint Pre.

About Provisioning, Yes. you need to set Profile 1 as (whatever)@sprintpcs.com, I assume you already set profile 2 correcly. both NAI and Tethered NAI. and enable it.

About Active Profile, no important if you can't change to profile 2. It is normal if even you write using QPST and it always back to 1 instead 2. It is ok.

The key to make EVDO works in the PPP setting, both AN & Um. You need to set correctly both Tethered NAI ; user name & Password. Make sure Tethered NAI you put on AN & Um same with the one on Profile 2 that you make.

If everything about your carrier data is correct, then I'm quite sure your EVDO will surely comes up. Usually the problem is putting wrong user name & password. Make sure it is HD AN Auth , not standard username and password. You need to ask your carrier or else google is your friend to find this data.
    the bard, i have a verizon palm pre plus, that is flashed over to metro pcs i did everything you said for my phone except its not a sprint phone, its verizon, can you please help me figure out how to get my data working? i have all three profiles set up, first problem under am and an the password will not stick at all, i get 1x connection which i dont see how considering its running from the vzw profile? but i get gmail notifications and update notifications, but when i goto browse the web it says unable to load page(115). ive tried everything ive read everywhere and it just seems as though nobody has a clue.. that or they got it working and they dont wanna help. please help me once i figure this out i can do a full understandable guide to getting the palm pre plus 1.4.1 working on metro with full flash.. please help me
    hii

i am facing the same problem with my pixi plus on vzw its not activating the profile 1. If you have got a solution please help.