View Poll Results: Have You Experienced Problems With App Icons, LauncherShortcuts & Cards Disappearing?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes Recently

2 28.57%
  • Yes, But In The Past. Not Now Though.

0 0%
  • No, But Someone I Know Has.

0 0%
  • Nope, Never.

5 71.43%
  1.    #1  

As I have downloaded more and more content, I have noticed problems with the App icons, Web Site Launcher Shortcuts and the launcher Cards disappearing on my Palm Pre. So I was wondering if anyone knows the exact amount of these items that I can use safely on my Palm Pre? Basically at which amount will problems start happening? I currently have 149 app icons and web site launcher shortcuts, on 7 launcher cards. Is this too many, or is the disappearing content part of a different problem?

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

I never actually heard of there being a limit to the amount of apps or launcher icons possible, the only limitation I see is memory.
    As for the disappearing problem, I think it is attributed to a corrupt config file and I think I read that a partial erase solves the problem, though this will cause you to lose your web shortcuts.
    I think a search will give you a more definitive answer than I can.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I never actually heard of there being a limit to the amount of apps or launcher icons possible, the only limitation I see is memory.
    As for the disappearing problem, I think it is attributed to a corrupt config file and I think I read that a partial erase solves the problem, though this will cause you to lose your web shortcuts.
    I think a search will give you a more definitive answer than I can.
    I did a partial erase, but this problem is odd. It doesn't happen every single time; it just happens. Sometimes when an icon disappears, I can get it back by resetting my phone. Other times I have to delete an old app in oder to see the new downloaded app. I posted this thread because when I downloaded the Sherk Kart game again, one of my launcher web shortcuts disappeared. Then when I deleted an old app that I wasn't using anymore, the icon came back. So I just wanted to see if there is a limit, because I don't want to cause anymore issues. If there is no limit, then I know the issue is caused by something else.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel