Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    So my pre is running like its starting in the special olympics... How can I get this sucker running close to new again?
    Restart it.
    Battery Pull
    Overclock

One of those. I restart mine regularly and it's overclocked. Never have a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    do all of above,but first open browser and clear cookies,cache,and browsing history.
    also, turn down logging, and maybe try the compcache f102 kernel. ##logs# from the dialer.
    WebOS Doctor...

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    clear your call history also to help speed up the device
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Mine has been a slug recently as well. I will try the call log clear, thanks.
    Also empty the trash folders of your email accounts.
    Along with what the others have said..... Clear text messages, and before you go to the point of doctoring do a partial reset.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    funny, my pre has also been running slow lately...strange coincidence that are phones are being weird recently. maybe they are longing for the unicorn that is 1.4.5 as much as
    i am??
    What else is new? its a Pre what do you expect!
    First reset it , if still persist doctor it, if still slow try to wipe out all data / app on your Pre, maybe some bothering app cause it.
    listen to above clear everything.
    mines slow.. But that's nothing new, the pre is a slow phone. Here's hopeing the next update speeds things up.

you shouldn't have to delete texts or web cache to have a useable phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    mines slow.. But that's nothing new, the pre is a slow phone. Here's hopeing the next update speeds things up.

you shouldn't have to delete texts or web cache to have a useable phone.

I don't know why lots of people said Pre is slow phone, base on what?

I only found slow down on Pre if I ran several app that consume lots of resources such as Preware , IM+ , or big game, other then that I never find slow down on my Pre Plus.

Maybe because of WebOS strongest point is multitasking, that's why people tend to open many many app at once and still ask for same speed as if only one app opened. Which I never do that if not too important.

Even on my Samsung Galaxy Spica Android 2.1 that have 800mHz CPU, it will slow down more then Pre if I open more than one big app at once.
    Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    Well I will probably solve all my pre issues and get a HTC EVO
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Follow the above. I had some serious slowdowns and battery drain recently. I used the Pre Backup Utility and Save/Restore to back up everything, then Doctored my Pre. I allowed Palm to restore my contacts and rebuild the database (i.e. I didn't restore it via the above). Yes, I lost my messaging history, but I think the palm database can get corrupted and slow things down too.
    govnah ftw
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    also, turn down logging, and maybe try the compcache f102 kernel. ##logs# from the dialer.
    ok, what exactly does this do? (##logs#)
    should you set the level to minimum? never seen this advised before?
    Theres a thread for this:

Tips to Speed Up your Palm Pre

I cant seem to post the link... weird...well I tried.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast