1.    #1  
    thought the flood gates would open after the hp acquisition news and developers would jump on the webos bandwagon. doesn't seem to be that way. not many apps being released other than those books filling up the app catalog.
    1.4.5 will open up the floodgates
    Quote Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
    you're right! stop being negative, negative people!
    Quote Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
    how so

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    1.4.5 will allow PDK apps.
    It allows regular PDK apps, not just fullscreen. More mobile developers code in C/C++ (iPhone) than Web languages.
    Palm stock holders have not approved it yet. I don't expect ANY official stmts until after the acquisition is complete.
    To be truthful, I've heard from a few developers and even some major developer companies that they are waiting for the HP acquisition to fully go through.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    the stockholders have been votein were just waiting for the meeting in the next few weeks over the price of the shares
    i think more developer will start creating app once 1.4.5 comes out and the deal go through. they also need to here an official statement from palm or hp that indeed there is new hardware coming and soon.
    There's no rush to announce new hardware, wait till the Apple hype dies down first.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    There's no rush to announce new hardware
    LOL. That has to be one of the funniest posts I've read in a long time!! You do realize the last new hardware announcement was over 18 months ago, right?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    LOL. That has to be one of the funniest posts I've read in a long time!! You do realize the last new hardware announcement was over 18 months ago, right?!?
    I REALLY wish we'd hear something...anything...to keep me from lusting for an Evo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    So what, announce tomorrow and get swept under the rug? That's real smart.

Timing is everything and now is NOT the time.

I completely agree, but the OP is talking about the app flood gates. Not a new hardware announcement. We should see some momentum building after the PDK patch, but I'd imagine many are waiting to see what the new HPalms first move is.
    Okay. I'm not concerned about floodgates of apps. All a bunch of apps do is make me avoid the catalog, because it becomes like the internet (no guide of what's good app or bad. Some people just put out trash). I want bluetooth to work properly. I want to be able to transfer files, hook up to keyboards, and do the numerous things that a bluetooth phone should be capable of doing. I like my phone and I'm hoping for the next Pre, but I'd also like to be able to do more with bluetooth then hook up to a headset.

I shouldn't have to physically connect my phone by a wire to transfer files. I have a couple of touchstones, but I still have to open the little plastic cover to connect the phone to the PC. The plastic port cover is flimsy and shouldn't have to be relied upon when we have such a wonderful device.

I think we should stop ranting on the things that are like Apple or some other device and instead talk about the things that should be expected based on the specs when we purchased the phone.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    There's no rush to announce new hardware, wait till the Apple hype dies down first.

Well they might be waiting forever :/

You're right, you can't just annunce and not deliver. BUT on Sprint they are losing a lot to the EVO. Not announcing is hurting them there. Granted, if they are not releasing another device on Sprint, they are retaining customers by not announcing their next devices will be on VZW and AT&T and not Sprint.

If they wait until the end of this year or until CES next January, you will only find webOS on printers and toasters in the future.
    You know....
    For weeks now, I've been scatching my head (no, it's not a dry scalp) wondering what could we ever need webOS for on a freakin' toaster.

And what if we get a Too Many Slices of Bread error? Can we still eat the bread, or do we have to reset the toaster first?