1.    #1  
    I have been looking at portable/pocketable projectors and the 3M MPRO150 looks really good.

Anyway, I think this unit coupled with my Pre would make a killer "on the road' setup. I could do demos, give presentations, and watch videos anywhere!

Has anyone tried operating a 3M MPro with a Palm Pre? I've seen online that you can connect an iPod to it, but who wants that, I want to use my Pre?

Are there any special WebOS apps to make this possible? special cables? etc.?

I would really LOVE to be able to do this. If anyone has any information about using a pocket projector with your Pre I would GREATLY APPRECIATE it!!

Thanks!
    Eric
    although palm did it with the pre for the presentation when they unveiled the pre a year and a half ago there is no current way to do this . they had special wires coming out of the bottom of the phone during that presentation. so... im going go with not possible with the pre. this is just an educated guess though.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I thought the same thing when I first saw it at a booth at CES. But I was talking to the rep it is currently designed for iPhone connections. The pre has no video out... Sad day...
  4.    #4  
    I wondered if perhaps Palm could use the Pre's mini USB port to connect to the Projector or perhaps there could be a bluetooth receiver of some sort that could be connected to the projector and then the Pre could communicate to that.

one way or another I would like the Pre to communicate to a pico projector. It would be great to be able to take advantage of what WebOS can do on an 50 inch screen!

thanks,
    Eric
    Meh... this is one of the things I could do without.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    The video signal is available from the CPU, but is not accessible. Somebody was doing some investigating, but the silence would seem to indicate that it did not go anywhere.
    mmm lg makes a projector that connects using the phones usb
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    The LG phone runs Symbian which has video out support built-in. Not sure if webOS has video support capabilities that haven't been exploited yet, but I haven't seen it. Would be awesome when this happens down the line... by then AAXA's laser projector should be half the price and twice as bright
    oooooooooh that would be awesome! i need to look into this as well.
    OK, so several months have passed...and webOS 2.0 is about to hit...is there support for video out with 2.0? I would love to have this...imagine, having a bluetooth keyboard, Quickoffice, and the 3M MPro 150. Who need a laptop?

So, can anyone tell us about the possibilities...can webOS 2.0 help make this a reality, or are we just dreaming?

That 3M projector looks pretty cool...an earlier version (the MPro 120 I think) is on sale on woot.com today for $130. Here is a video for the 3M MPro 150:

Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    OK, so several months have passed...and webOS 2.0 is about to hit...is there support for video out with 2.0? I would love to have this...imagine, having a bluetooth keyboard, Quickoffice, and the 3M MPro 150. Who need a laptop?

So, can anyone tell us about the possibilities...can webOS 2.0 help make this a reality, or are we just dreaming?

That 3M projector looks pretty cool...an earlier version (the MPro 120 I think) is on sale on woot.com today for $130. Here is a video for the 3M MPro 150:

Yep, I saw this on Woot today as well and wondered about the possibilities with 2.0 or with a newer device yet to be made public. The price looks good and I could sure show off some serious WebOS with something like this.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    The way the market is going, and with HP at the helm, I wouldn't be surprised to see it. I am thinking it would have to be on the newer hardware at least. Also once we see what the Tablet has to bring, thinking you may see it integrated into a Palm "phone" device.

Looking forward to the future of WebOS, I personally just can't wait for it to come.... the more that comes the more that follows. =)
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pahlm View Post
    The LG phone runs Symbian which has video out support built-in. Not sure if webOS has video support capabilities that haven't been exploited yet, but I haven't seen it. Would be awesome when this happens down the line... by then AAXA's laser projector should be half the price and twice as bright
    I looked into this projector, looks like it's discontinued, fail on the twice as bright..lol
    Oh dang, this thread was started over a year ago, I was wondering why the MPRO150 was mentioned and not their newer ones..lol