1.    #1  
    I love that montage of widgets that Android offers. Those little streaming weather, news and social networking apps that all run on the same page. Is there anything like that for WebOS? Other than opening a bunch of cards at once? I have an app called weatherman, that overlays an active hourly and 5 day forcast right onto your desktop. It's not a card and you have to go into the app to shut it off. But, it's pretty cool and I would love something that did more.

Anything?

Thanks!
    ActiveCard ($5.99), in the official app store, tries to do the widget dance. It's the only way right now.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 06/18/2010 at 11:49 AM.
    I am still experimenting, but this is what I got so far in my new app. It actually does a lot more than you can see from this screen shot.

I'm really not into widgets, at all. I like using actual apps to display the info I need at a glance. For instance, I keep weather, email, and text open, and when arranged correctly I can see the current weather, email status, and text status.

Widgets add overhead and are necessarily limited. Don't want 'em. The only exception are the apps that some folks are making like the ones mentioned in this thread, which really provide the best of both worlds.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    I am still experimenting, but this is what I got so far in my new app. It actually does a lot more than you can see from this screen shot.

Looking pretty cool so far!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Looking pretty cool so far!
    The funny thing though is it looks about the same as just leaving the cards open.

I'm not a widget fan either and I actually like that most of the icons are hidden on the launcher page.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    The funny thing though is it looks about the same as just leaving the cards open.

I'm not a widget fan either and I actually like that most of the icons are hidden on the launcher page.
    I am not a huge fan of widgets also. My app is not really focused on widgets, but that's all it looks like from the screen shot. I would give out more details but I don't wanna give out the concepts just yet. I will say that I am looking into how it might interact with QST.