1.    #1  
    So, I'm at work, and watching the World Cup on my Sprint Pre, while the phone is on the Touchstone. The battery was fully charged at 10am when the match started. At halftime, abt 10:45am, I took the phone off the Touchstone and noticed the battery was at 86%. Is this possible??? Can the Sprint TV app actually consume more power/hour than the Touchstone can supply???

Any thoughts/ideas?

Don
    It is possible for the battery to drained a little more faster than the charger is able to charge it. That happen to me a lot,especially when using a high data app. Don't worry about that everything is good with your phone.
    In my car, I use Pandora & SprintNav through my bluetooth stereo and I have gone from 100% on the charger to 80~. It sucks alot.
    My sister had this issue with her TS charger and the problem turned out to be was she was using a generic wall charger. Generic wall chargers do not put out enough juice to run the TS charger.
    It may depend on your cable and source of power.

The touchstone must be plugged into a 110 outlet, not a computer or other USB-power-providing device.

Additionally when used in the car, make sure to use 100% Palm cables and adapters and be aware that even then the power provided from the car could not be sufficient enough.

Be aware that the radios in the phone consume large amounts of energy and could easily consume more than a charge could provide, but if you do not experience this when directly plugged in, but do with the touchstone, you might have bad or week connections with either the battery back or something may be wrong with the touchstone itself.

If you notice the phone is becoming unreasonably hot, it could indicate a problem which could easily drain the battery, usually a restart will fix this.
    charging with the stock palm wall charger puts out approximately 1000mA. it is possible to drain the battery faster than it can charge. This is true for other smartphones that have so many radios (3g, gps, bluetooth, wifi, etc). There is a preware app called battery monitor that you should run while doing the same tasks the OP describes. It will give you cumulative data on the drain and other battery characteristics. Do that off the charger for an hour. The close the battery monitor and re-open it (to reset the stars) and put it on your touchstone doing the same tasks. That will give you an indication of what the delta is between radio power use and charger output.

after that, follow the battery saving threads.especially turning off the god and By radios...
    also, get jason's battery temp alarm. You may also be generating quite a bit of heat...
    Be extra carefull using Pre while charging on touchstone. Notice the heat. If it is overheat, your pre will be damaged. Install Temperature notification to avoid any bad result. My friend already have "fried" Pre because of using as mobile hotspot for around 8 hours while charging on Touchstone. Phones goes offline never goes up again, battery dead, and Pre won't charge battery anymore, Pre still can ON, LCD still OK, but without Phone, and can't charge battery anymore, I can say his Pre already dead.
    TS chargers dont charge the phone as quickly as directly charging it on a wall outlet...

you are actually draining the battery faster than the charger is charging it...
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    My sister had this issue with her TS charger and the problem turned out to be was she was using a generic wall charger. Generic wall chargers do not put out enough juice to run the TS charger.
    also using a usb extension has given me the same sort of deal. not enough throughput to power the TS
    A couple of times I put my pre on the TS with about 30% left on the battery. It started charging fine. An hour later I checked my phone and the phone battery was completely drained while on the TS. I don't trust the TS since it's not always reliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by wxman2003 View Post
    A couple of times I put my pre on the TS with about 30% left on the battery. It started charging fine. An hour later I checked my phone and the phone battery was completely drained while on the TS. I don't trust the TS since it's not always reliable.
    or when it makes the pre notificate every now and then that it is charging and then it is not charging and again charging, ....
    I personally haven't had any trouble with the TS, but it does not charge as fast as the wall charger when plugged directly into the Pre. I have seen various estimates, but consensus seems to be about 75%. Plugged into a computer, you only get 50%. So in high consumption activities such as SprintTV, and Navigation, it's best to plug in directly to the wall for extended use.
    no
    I have noticed that sometimes, if I put the Pre on the Touchstone, and leave it for a while, it will actually decrease charge. As an example, I put it on the Touchstone at 79%, checked it after an hour and it was at 94%. About three hours later, it was at 81%. This has happened fairly often, so I try and only leave it on the Touchstone until it reaches 100%, then remove it.
    I listen to MLB games at work while my Pre is on a TS, using a Palm AC adapter.
    It will start at 100%, drain to about 60% within 2 hours and then hang around 60%.
    I'm using Radiotime, same setup, battery has gone from 100% to 81% in less than 2 hours.
    Any kind of streaming will drain the battery.
    This issue is one of my biggest peeves with this phone (well, that and no visual voice mail or voice dialing). I do not understand why they designed the phone to only run on battery. I have had phones that could have the battery pulled and if you plug them in they still run, including the Centro, Instinct, Razor, Blackberry Pearl, all the way back to the Qualcomm Thin Phone and some bricks that I had in the 90s. If you have the phone plugged in, it should run off the electricity coming from the adapter. If you can pull some extra juice from the adapter, then it should charge the battery at that point. If you are running a bunch of stuff, it might affect the rate of recharge, but there should never ever be a discharge. The electricity coming from the wall or any car cigarette lighter is more than enough to run a 1000ma phone.

The problem is that the phone runs only from the juice in the battery, and not from the power cord. I have not seen an explanation anywhere of the engineering reasons for making it like that. My laptops, prior cell phones, portable DVD players, mp3 players, radios, and pretty much every portable device, can run without batteries. Why not the Pre?