Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone Else Notice those New Golf Caddie apps require WebOS 1.5?

Does that mean its coming REALLY soon or were those apps just released by accident?
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    I thought 1.4.5 is coming soon.
  3.    #3  
    but like tomorrow soon?
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Those apps say this application can't run on your current operating system. It has to be soon.
  5.    #5  
    exactly, so here's hoping to wake up w/ an update ready to download and install!
  6.    #6  
    Just wanna point out they're no longer in the app catalog... how strange...
    they came back.. Gone again though.. Odd.
    I knew I wasn't the only one seeing that!
    Seems like a technical issue on Palm's behalf... The next update is definitely 1.4.5, but they have stated that 1.5 is slated for early fall (haha, who believes that deadline?)

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    At least they're not as bad as Adobe's scheduling. Early fall really means the fall of NEXT year.. If not longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    At least they're not as bad as Adobe's scheduling. Early fall really means the fall of NEXT year.. If not longer.
    Adobe postpones deadlines. Palm just chooses at the last moment to release their promise whether it be an update or some project. The only exception has been the 1.4.5 update because they promised it as late May to Mid June where we have entered late June.

Sad that we have to rely on leaks for official information from Palm about ANYTHING nowadays. I feel like we are playing hide-and-seek or some kind of jigsaw puzzle with the hints we keep searching for.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Sad that we have to rely on leaks for official information from Palm about ANYTHING nowadays. I feel like we are playing hide-and-seek or some kind of jigsaw puzzle with the hints we keep searching for.
    Yes, it's not a lot of fun, but it's inevitable with the HP acquisition. Just too many legal and regulatory barriers to giving out information at this point. However, I'd rather have this than the alternative: Palm's demise and probably the end of webOS. If HP weren't buying Palm, I'd not have much hope that webOS would survive, or at least not with such promise

The bottom line is that HP sees webOS as a strategic value that will carry them through what they see as a sea change from multipurpose PCs to something very different. They're not looking at this market as something that needs to be attacked in the next month or two, or six, but rather as something that will take years to develop. I think a year from now we'll be very happy about it all, but the next few months will likely be utterly frustrating.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    More like HP sees webOS as a great business opportunity to take market share away from the embattled smartphone market leaders. Palm attempted to do this as their salvation, but didn't have the resources to follow through from day 1.

I expect HP to follow in Apple's footsteps and release 1-2 phones a year while pushing out a tablet. Doing this while growing the App Catalog and bombarding consumers with advertising. Even if Apple loses 10% of it's market share, it means there will be alot more market share from other losing smartphone contenders as well.
    What deadlines has Palm missed in which Palm has set a deadline?

I believe one was set for 1.4.1. which was delivered by Palm on time..one has been set for 1.4.5. and although it is not released yet..the deadline has not closed?

Thinking back I can't think of any deadline that Palm has either
    a.) not met or
    b.) pushed back

I'm not saying there isn't any..but some general pointing to that would be helpful.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Yeah I have gotten that error message too... I'm like huh? update my OS??? That had to been a mistake app they release... after awhile it started working again I can now access it... I think they re-uploaded it haha
    Cingular 3125 --> Samsung Instink! --> Palm Pre --> ???
    Yeah I have gotten that error message too... I'm like huh? update my OS??? That had to been a mistake app they release... after awhile it started working again I can now access it... I think they re-uploaded it haha
    Cingular 3125 --> Samsung Instink! --> Palm Pre --> ???
    The app is at 1.4 now.

I guess it was just a typo on the dev's mistake?
    i'm waiting for an app to require a Pre2
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsamphex View Post
    The app is at 1.4 now.

I guess it was just a typo on the dev's mistake?
    Most Devs have their 1.4.5 app updates ready to go. They have had access to 1.4.5 for a while now.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    What deadlines has Palm missed in which Palm has set a deadline?

I believe one was set for 1.4.1. which was delivered by Palm on time..one has been set for 1.4.5. and although it is not released yet..the deadline has not closed?

Thinking back I can't think of any deadline that Palm has either
    a.) not met or
    b.) pushed back

I'm not saying there isn't any..but some general pointing to that would be helpful.
    No, the deadline on 1.4.5 is defiantly over due. Guys missed this one.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast