1.    #1  
    The full message reads: "Sharing internet requires an addition to your service plan. Contact your carrier for help."

And to address the obvious question: Yes, I have the tethering option enabled on my data plan. I have the Palm Pre Plus on Verizon Wireless and have had no problems with using the Mobile Hotspot until recently. Now, this error message pops up from time to time whenever I try to turn the Mobile Hotspot. Sometimes, it will start working after a few minutes but sometimes the problem sticks around for hours. The problem will occur even when the phone is relatively cool, or just taken off the charger.

If anyone's experienced this, please reply. I'm trying to figure out if it's a software glitch or if it's a hardware issue that I should send the phone back to Palm/Verizon for. Thanks in advance!
    I think the best thing to do would be call Verizon and see what they say.

Have you installed any new patches right before this error started?
  3.    #3  
    No patches that I can recall. I did install a new theme off of Preware yesterday. I was planning to hold off on calling Verizon in case there was a simple fix, but will probably try them tomorrow. Thanks.
    Have gotten that message when in Airplane Mode, but not otherwise. We are using extended service off the direct Verizon network.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I get the error frequently. However all I need to do is press the on/toggle a second time and I am good to go.
    1. Open the Mobile HotSpot app
    2. If the network info is blank, enter a name for the hotspot
    3. If the security mode is blank, select a desired security mode
    a. If you choose WPA/WPA2, type a passphrase
    4. Turn on Mobile HotSpot
    5. Connect to the Mobile Hotspot with your Wi-Fi device.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I got that message when I was trying to show off my Pre to my iphone friends, it really sucks. But don't be panic, all you need is to manually put the info on the blank space in MHS apps. I hear yor prole got corrupted or something. Not a big deal, less than 2 min to fix.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    I got that message when I was trying to show off my Pre to my iphone friends, it really sucks. But don't be panic, all you need is to manually put the info on the blank space in MHS apps. I hear yor prole got corrupted or something. Not a big deal, less than 2 min to fix.
    Any thoughts on why/how the pre-existing information gets wiped out?
    Quote Originally Posted by j59337 View Post
    Any thoughts on why/how the pre-existing information gets wiped out?
    I am not sure. Since it was so easy to fix, I've never bothered to ask why I had this issue on this forum. However, I believe this isn't so uncommon problem.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    1. Open the Mobile HotSpot app
    2. If the network info is blank, enter a name for the hotspot
    3. If the security mode is blank, select a desired security mode
    a. If you choose WPA/WPA2, type a passphrase
    4. Turn on Mobile HotSpot
    5. Connect to the Mobile Hotspot with your Wi-Fi device.
    Ok...I've ran into this problem also. And it was a very simple fix. HOWEVER, now when I hit "ok" after I get the error "Sharing internet requires an addition to your service plan. Contact your carrier for help" the mobile hotspot JUST CLOSES, and it doesn't give me a chance to enter in the name where the network info belongs. I work for an agent for VZW, and I have sold dozens of these phones personally, and I also carry it. Can someone help? Thank you!