Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I really didn't think it would happen to me, but it did. I gave up my trusty, highly customized, release day Palm Pre today.

There's never been any argument from me, I knew the Evo was a snappy device, and had some amazing specs. Seeing it in person was an experience though. Snappy interface, easier to read, amazingly customizable. If I had just looked at the demo unit, it would have been "Ho hum, that's nice, but..."; however, a tech at the store took the time to show me his, and all of the stuff he's done to it. I was impressed.

Unfortunately, it's still too big for my taste, and I almost dropped it looking for the physical keyboard. So, I decided I'd go aheand and stick with Palm.

So, he changed out my trusty, highly customized, release day Palm Pre that had a crack coming from the USB port, and gave me a brand new (well, OK, refurbished) shiny, plain jane Palm Pre, ready to be customized.

What, surely you didn't think I was going to say I switched brands??!!??
    Good one, got me, lol.
    ha

You had me going there for a sec.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    LOL
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Unfortunately I am. Unless Palm announces a new phone by the time I can get my hands on a white iphone 4, that's what I'm getting. Obviously since I listened to the at&t webos webinar this morning, I'm still interested, but I've had my Centro for three years now, and was hoping to get a Pre 2 (I had to skip on the Pre launch cause of my contract, and then the need to get a launch device passed.), but I don't feel like waiting any longer.

I do hope HP comes out with an amazing tablet, as I'm in the market for my first ereader. And as long as Palm stays alive, hopefully the iphone 4 will be a short two year contract trip before I go back to Palm, but we'll see. (And I do think it would be nice to actually own an iphone at least once, so I really can get some first hand experience when comparing physical/digital keyboards, and the whole iphone experience to the palm experience, rather than just trying to imagine the comparison.)
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    el oh el
    haha. Nice. You had me fooled for a bit.

My Pre has the USB crack too...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Ah Herb. You switching to the EVO would be like Ruth's Chris getting its meat from McDonald's.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Ah Herb. You switching to the EVO would be like Ruth's Chris getting its meat from McDonald's.
    Whew... for a minute there, when I saw YOU had responded, I thought I was going to see one of those ugly "your thread has been merged" thingies.

You know though, when I called Sprint to clear the way to get it replaced, he tried very hard to get me to get an Evo. When I went in, the tech did as well, and looking around the store, it's very easy to see, they are making a concerted effort to make the Evo succeed.

Interestingly, when I asked the tech how well they were doing on sales of the Evo, he didn't answer, at least not directly. He said "It's great. By far the best spec'd machine available", though that wasn't exactly what I asked...

But, don't want to go too far down that road. Would hate hijacking my own thread.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I was thinking, this is one I'd never see go to that other phone. Glad I read the whole post and after the stuff on the front page, I'd hold out on getting anything new till palm releases some specs on the new devices. That is at least if you are interested in anything webOS.

You had me fooled.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I really didn't think it would happen to me, but it did. I gave up my trusty, highly customized, release day Palm Pre today.

There's never been any argument from me, I knew the Evo was a snappy device, and had some amazing specs. Seeing it in person was an experience though. Snappy interface, easier to read, amazingly customizable. If I had just looked at the demo unit, it would have been "Ho hum, that's nice, but..."; however, a tech at the store took the time to show me his, and all of the stuff he's done to it. I was impressed.

Unfortunately, it's still too big for my taste, and I almost dropped it looking for the physical keyboard. So, I decided I'd go aheand and stick with Palm.

So, he changed out my trusty, highly customized, release day Palm Pre that had a crack coming from the USB port, and gave me a brand new (well, OK, refurbished) shiny, plain jane Palm Pre, ready to be customized.

What, surely you didn't think I was going to say I switched brands??!!??
    thank God !! whew scared me
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Whew... for a minute there, when I saw YOU had responded, I thought I was going to see one of those ugly "your thread has been merged" thingies.

You know though, when I called Sprint to clear the way to get it replaced, he tried very hard to get me to get an Evo. When I went in, the tech did as well, and looking around the store, it's very easy to see, they are making a concerted effort to make the Evo succeed.

Interestingly, when I asked the tech how well they were doing on sales of the Evo, he didn't answer, at least not directly. He said "It's great. By far the best spec'd machine available", though that wasn't exactly what I asked...

But, don't want to go too far down that road. Would hate hijacking my own thread.
    lol ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Herb, u've hardly been around here lately. That added to the image of you switching, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Herb, u've hardly been around here lately. That added to the image of you switching, imo.

That's what I've been thinking. Glad it wasn't true.

I bet my absence had had a similar effect
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    OMG it's 063_xobx! I almost forgot you existed... jk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  17.    #17  

I actually got busy at work right after a whirlwind mini-vacation (we drove some of our grandkids up to upstate NY from TX for my mother-in-law's 75th birthday). I hate it when the job and family interfere with hobbies
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Nope.

LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    OMG it's 063_xobx! I almost forgot you existed... jk
    Can't let that happen now can I?
    Thought that the end of the world had come for a moment then.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast