1.    #1  
    Hello my friend just got a pre+ and loves it he however says it is kinda slow for his liking. He is not that savy so I homebrewd his phone for him and installed some patches. I was thinking about overclocking it for him. Do you guys think that's a good idea and what form of kernel should I use for the overclock
    As long as he fully understands the risks involved - waranty invalidation, possible heat issues, etc... - then I think it's a great idea.

Personally, I think UberKernel and Govnah is the way to go, as it's the most stable and most tested as well as it being easy to control the settings.

If he's concerned at all about voiding his warranty, however you shouldn't apply any overclock option.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    if you do use uber kernal and govnah
    But with the uber kernal and govnah combo, don't you have to reset the speed each time you restart the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    But with the uber kernal and govnah combo, don't you have to reset the speed each time you restart the phone?
    I had it not save originally but I believe the latest iterations do save settings beyond restarts.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    not anymore, the kernal now only resets itself back to the userspace profile under certain conditions. (battery pull, etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    not anymore, the kernal now only resets itself back to the userspace profile under certain conditions. (battery pull, etc)
    Excellent. Thank you.