Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I've read previous posts about this but can't seem to find a fix yet. I installed a few patches and now no apps show up in the launcher. I uninstalled those patches, uninstalled all other launcher patches that I had previously, rebooted, pulled battery, rebooted some more.....and still nothing. Are there any other avenues I can go? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by 12gage View Post
    I've read previous posts about this but can't seem to find a fix yet. I installed a few patches and now no apps show up in the launcher. I uninstalled those patches, uninstalled all other launcher patches that I had previously, rebooted, pulled battery, rebooted some more.....and still nothing. Are there any other avenues I can go? Thanks in advance.

Does your universal search pull up your apps?

BTW.... the named pages or tabbed pages in launcher is normally the culprit. They like to be the first launcher apps installed.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    yeah universal search still gives me everything,and I uninstalled all launcher patches and there still nothing. I reinstalled but will try removing again, I didn't have the named patch but the advanced launcher patch, I'll make sure its put in first. Thank you and I'll report back.

edit: tried and still no luck. Anything else I can try?
    Last edited by 12gage; 06/17/2010 at 08:52 AM.
    yeah universal search still gives me everything,and I uninstalled all launcher patches and there still nothing. I reinstalled but will try removing again, I didn't have the named patch but the advanced launcher patch, I'll make sure its put in first. Thank you and I'll report back.

edit: tried and still no luck. Anything else I can try?
    You probably did this but just in case.... you will probably need to remove all launcher patches and restart your phone after removing patches individually for troubleshooting.

You could try to run EPR and clear all patches. But before you do, go into Preware and tap on the Saved package list, tap update. Then go into Save/restore and save all. That way after you EPR you can go back into Save/Restore and restore the saved package list and add what you had back one at a time without trying to remember it.

Run EPR in Preware and WosQI just to be sure.

... assuming of course that your icons are all back.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    thank you, I'll try that. I'm away from home so I don't have access to WIQ right now. I did recently install the 104 kernel,would that have something to do with it?
    If you have the Advanced Options in launcher, I'd try Rescan Applications and Rescan Fileindexer then Restart Luna. See if that works. It worked when that happened to me last week.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I did recently install the 104 kernel,would that have something to do with it?
    I will go out on a limb and say no. It isn't likely that the kernel mods would cause this issue.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    thanks everyone for your help, so far nothing has work,so I guess I'll try the EPR and see what happens
    thanks everyone for your help, so far nothing has work,so I guess I'll try the EPR and see what happens
    One more thing to try. Power the phone off for a while 15- 20 min, then restart.

When I have this problem, if I toggle developer mode, after the reset all icons are back.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I'll try the power off, and how do I toggle dev mode?
    I'll try the power off, and how do I toggle dev mode?

type webos20090606 in the universal search and the dev mode icon should appear. You had to go into devmode to connect to WOSQI.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    thank you,i tried both and nothing. Anything else I should try before EPR?
    thank you,i tried both and nothing. Anything else I should try before EPR?
    If you had EPR'd already, you would have already known...
    If you have any launcher related patches try removing them first. I've heard 4x4 icons v2 has been a culprit.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    maaaaaaaaannnn, I'm at a loss. I ran the EPR, all patches are gone and still no icons. I don't know what else to try. I even uninstalled the 104 kernel and reinstalled the uberkernel that I was running on and still no luck.
    the thing i had to do when this happened was a soft reset that erases just the apps and patches on the phone . after you sign back into your cloud your apps should reload themselves. at least that what i did .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    the thing i had to do when this happened was a soft reset that erases just the apps and patches on the phone . after you sign back into your cloud your apps should reload themselves. at least that what i did .
    will I have to redownload my apps or will they come back when I sign into palm?
    apps should reload themselves , not including the home brew apps .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    thank you everyone's help, I'll try the soft reset after I get home and can go into dev mode to reload preware. I'm stuck on the road right now with a over secure work computer.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast