1.    #1  
    I just wanted to say goodbye with no hard feelings. The webos community and and webos developers are amazing and i will miss it very much. I just have a thing for smart phones where i need the latest and greatest. I was starting to get bored of my year old hardware and i needed a change. With no announcement or even a tiny evidence of actual hardware i feel like i cannot wait any longer for palm. Hopefully with HP on board palm will create another super phone soon and ill be back.

i wanted to make make a special thanks to jason and caj for enhancing my Pre experience greatly.

thank you all!
    that was the most heartfelt goodbye I've ever seen here. Goodluck...hopefully you'll be back soon
    good luck and byeeee!
    Good luck - come back occasionally!
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    good bye, good luck!
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    That was a touch classy... No mention of what he went to or nothing..

Speaking of that need to migrate.. I've seen the competition and have decided they had been watching Palm way too closely and just oversized it... I stayed..
    Good bye and good luck!
    Later! I totally agree with you! I think it absolutely idiotic that it has been one year and nothing new. I have had the same Pre since day,hour and minute one and I am not giving up my Pre. That being said, I want to know what the hell Palm has been doing for one year? Nothing in the pipeline? I don't get it.

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    what's so difficult to understand, they can't say anything until after the sale!!!
    Of course HP/Palm are not going to announce anything till after the buyout has been completed. Patience is a virtue, have fun on your next venture.
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    what's so difficult to understand, they can't say anything until after the sale!!!
    Whys that?
    They can say what they want about the project during the buyout, it will just change hands once complete and the next company can either finish saying the same thing or start saying there own thing. So it's not because of the buyout that Palm is not saying anything, it is because they don't have anything incredible to say at this point.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    I'll be following shortly, hope to be back soon though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guvner View Post
    That was a touch classy... No mention of what he went to or nothing..

Speaking of that need to migrate.. I've seen the competition and have decided they had been watching Palm way too closely and just oversized it... I stayed..
    +1 lol the funny part is, they've only just begun
    At least the guy is honest and stated he just wants the newest and greatest thing. Nothing wrong with that. Hopefully palm will come out with something new soon, but the new iphone is looking awfully tempting.
    Quote Originally Posted by twizardt View Post
    Later! I totally agree with you! I think it absolutely idiotic that it has been one year and nothing new. I have had the same Pre since day,hour and minute one and I am not giving up my Pre. That being said, I want to know what the hell Palm has been doing for one year? Nothing in the pipeline? I don't get it.
    Feel fortunate that you have had the same phone. I've been through multiples of other companies, this is the first phone i havent had one issue with yet. Palm has my vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    Are you serious? When was the announcement made, 6 months ago? NO, a month and a half at best. You're not a genius because you said what everyone else knows, I was just stating that they should have had SOMETHING out before their year anniversary. They still have MAJOR competition and life doesn't stop because of buyouts.

the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    Feel fortunate that you have had the same phone. I've been through multiples of other companies, this is the first phone i havent had one issue with yet. Palm has my vote.
    Palm has had my vote for a long time, trust me. I want them to succeed just as much as everyone else. Just stating the obvious.

the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    This is a good post, and one feeling that I'm fighting myself. I like to get a new phone about once a year. Its time for me to upgrade, and unfortunately there is nothing to upgrade to with Palm.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I starting thinking about moving to another phone after seeing all the excitements about Evo and iPhone 4. Both have great hardware. But when I think about my 6 email accounts and all the calendar sync, I am a little worried. But there is still a big draw for me to Android and iPhone, which is Chinese input. WebOS is ok in term of foreign language display, but seriously needs other input methods. Maybe a virtual keyboard would be the cure, but we haven't heard Palm talk about it. In fact, I think they have too many things to do, this would be at a very low priority. If I was Palm, I would not do it yet, until we have a more solid hardware and better stability of WebOS. Frequent reset hurts a lot more.

That being said, Chinese input is a big draw for me. I wish....
    Last edited by ksom; 06/17/2010 at 05:52 PM. Reason: grammar
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon