Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Spikea4, when did you purchase the phone? the second time i had mine replaced because of this, sprint tried to tell me all launch day pre's were recalled because of this. I recieved no such notice of this, since it was the second device with the problem (paid $100 for 1st one) they replaced it no problem and credited my account the deductible that i had already paid for the original.
    I am assuming you are referring to the vertical crack I have above the MicroUSB door.
    You can barely see it.

I have a Skinomi Screen Protector. Mine luckily stopped right at the protector so I am assuming this prevented it from going farther. Just curious if others had this happen as well.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I had to send my phone in directly to Palm to get this issue fixed. The *******s at my local Sprint store refused to help me. I've been getting conflicting answers about this issue. A non-corporate repair center near my workplace says that this is a legitimate issue and they would have replaced my phone without any issue. On the other hand, the corporate store blamed the damage on me. They only recognize the cracked center button issue.
    R.I.P. Windows Mobile (2002 - 2009)

HP Jornada 568 -> HP Ipaq 2215 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Tmobile SDA -> Qtek 8500 (HTC STRTrk) -> Motorola Q -> Sprint Mogul -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Touch Diamond -> Sprint Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissizit View Post
    Spikea4, when did you purchase the phone? the second time i had mine replaced because of this, sprint tried to tell me all launch day pre's were recalled because of this. I recieved no such notice of this, since it was the second device with the problem (paid $100 for 1st one) they replaced it no problem and credited my account the deductible that i had already paid for the original.
    My first Pre was bought on 06/06/09 when it was first released. Have had several problems with the first line of Pres. Due in part of defects and refurb crap. A Palm rep was in the Sprint store on my 5th replacement. I asked him if the rumors of a new Pre, to replace the first design where true. He looked around the room and said in a very low voice "yes". It was at this point I demanded a brand new released Pre and not another refubed headache. The Sprint Manager told the Sprint rep to give it to me. That is the same phone I have to date. Its perfect in everyway (no oreo, time, screen, or keyboard problems). Until the notorious USB crack. That phone was given to me on 07/23/09.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Pre - Usb Door Cracks - PreCentral Poll - Palm Support Community

This is a forum started on the Palm Support Web site. It was linked to someone else dealing with the same issue. I addvice anyone dealing with the same post their mind there as well. One voice can't be heard, but many can be loud and powerful. And to thoughs of you who say "I don't have the USB crack". I hope you never do, but I was once one of you. I said "what are these people doing to there phones". Well, I know better now. I got the crack out of the blue. And I bet most of you will too. Only time will tell!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12