1.    #1  
    When i go to the app catalog, the app icons on the main page, keeps flickering. When i go to my application, it is ok. When i also go to the what's new, the app icons (not the text part) keep flickering. This is very annoying for the eyes. Has anyone experienced this? A known issue? If yes, any fix or workaround? Thanks.
    Either close out Govnah or go into Govnah preferences and turn off update icon.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Either close out Govnah or go into Govnah preferences and turn off update icon.
    Thanks a lot buddy. I keep Govnah open to monitor temp and change speed. That explains it. Not sure what the purpose of this update icon launcher is....
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    Thanks a lot buddy. I keep Govnah open to monitor temp and change speed. That explains it. Not sure what the purpose of this update icon launcher is....
    When set to update launcher icon, as long as the app is opened you can see the current CPU temperatue in the icon. So for example, you could add the icon to your launcher bar and have the temperature reading always right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    Note that by keeping Govnah open, you are interrupting the processor every second (or whatever period you have set in the preferences), and each of those interruptions is using precious battery power ...

Same for any patches that periodically poll the temperature.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Note that by keeping Govnah open, you are interrupting the processor every second (or whatever period you have set in the preferences), and each of those interruptions is using precious battery power ...

Same for any patches that periodically poll the temperature.

-- Rod
    I have noticed that of late, and keep it closed. Thanks!