1.    #1  
    I keep hearing of testing feeds but to not see this feed in the list. There is an option to add a new feed with a URL, do I have to add it there somehow? What is the URL if that is the case?
    It has been said that if you don't already know the url for the testing feed or how to find it then you really shouldn't be messing with it.

but it's http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/testing

Don't dismiss the warning however.
    try this link in your browser, then select the feed for your OS

http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/testing/
  4.    #4  
    Thanks. Educate me then, I have no problem on a computer or patching my phone. I did a search on here with "testing feeds" and "add testing feeds" nothing obvious came up. I would rather find things myself rather than asking.

So no, I didn't know the URL and didn't just know where to look. But I disagree that because of that I shouldn't use it.
  5.    #5  
    I guess if I did a google search, I would have found it in the preware wiki. Sorry and thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by csrredcoat View Post
    Thanks. Educate me then, I have no problem on a computer or patching my phone. I did a search on here with "testing feeds" and "add testing feeds" nothing obvious came up. I would rather find things myself rather than asking.

So no, I didn't know the URL and didn't just know where to look. But I disagree that because of that I shouldn't use it.
    and.. Yes, for sure, if you can't find what you're looking for.. You shouldn't use it, higher chance of messing up your phone for sure.. Good luck, I'm sure you know what not to do..
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I copied and added exact feed but get an error when loading or reloading feeds. Do I need to uninstal prior uber kernal before loading feed??
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    It has been said that if you don't already know the url for the testing feed or how to find it then you really shouldn't be messing with it.

but it's http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/testing

Don't dismiss the warning however.
    I have to agree to this warning.

The testing feed isnt for users to jump on the bandwagon to try something new as they only end up flooding the IRC channels and threads with complaints of "How do I install...What does this mean...What is a kernel..." from what is labelled as "Testing" or "Alpha" packages.

Only subscribe to testing feeds if you know how to debug and can contribute relevant bug reports or input.
    Live free or DIE!
    you should be able to figure it out with that link, if not, you shouldn't use the feeds..
    Anyone participating in WebOS Internals alpha testing of any kind must be prepared to fully erase and webOS Doctor their phone at a moment's notice without warning and without any regrets or complaints.

They must be prepared to and able to log into the command line on the device and type Linux commands when instructed to do so. Knowing Linux commands ahead of time is preferred, but not required if you are willing to learn them when necessary or can follow instructions without making mistakes.

They must be prepared to go to great and extraordinary lengths to try and reliably reproduce any problems they encounter.

They must give full and detailed bug reports, leaving out no piece of information which could possibly be remotely connected to the problem.

They must read any and all documentation and forums threads (in their entirety) before asking a question.

They must fastidiously follow the forum threads where the alpha testing is being discussed by the authors, and follow precisely any instructions given there.

If you're not prepared to do *all* the above, and do it all in good spirit, then please wait for the public release of the item.

If you are prepared to do *all* the above, then by all means please participate in the alpha testing.

Note that everything above is a function of attitude, not of skill.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 06/16/2010 at 10:18 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals